dVH/RALH Bowel Issues | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Bowel Issues

So I have a question. Is anyone having any problems with bowel movements? Not really liking this subject, but its really getting me worried. Prior to having surgery I have had 3 colonoscopy's 1 every year since I turned 30. (history of colon cancer in family) GI said I had alternating IBS, ok so I have been living with that for some time now. After surgery every time that I have to go I get extreme pain in my abdomen like I am being stabbed. Actually takes my breath away and I have to position myself like I'm going in for a crash landing or something. I spoke with my ob/gyn today and he said that he was very surprised on the extent of endometriosis that I had, that he didn't expect to see as much as he did and that the endometriosis can play a very large part with women who have GI disturbance. Has anyone heard that before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2011, 09:23 AM
Re: Bowel Issues

I haven't heard anything about the endometriosis/GI connection but I can tell you that bowel movement pain seems to be the norm after hysterectomy. I've experienced it myself and have read many recent posts with other sisters complaining about pain pre and during their BMs. That being said, from your info, it looks like you are 2+ months out of surgery and I would think things would have improved by now. My pain is much lighter nowadays and I am only 3+ weeks out. Looks like you're going to need to do some additional research to find out what's going on. Best of luck to you!
Unread 05-24-2011, 09:11 PM
Re: Bowel Issues

Danygirl...I'm not familiar with the endometriosi/GI issue.

But I did have bowel issues during the first two weeks...having a BM hurt like crazy (stabbing in lower left side) and not having a BM hurt too (gas pain was awful). Gas-X helped my pain a lot...took 1 tablet after every meal. Colace, Senokot and extra fiber finally took care of the 'movement' issue although I still feel a slight pain on my lower left side. The doctor said that is the 'staging area' for the intestines and it will hurt when there's blockage. I find that it helps a lot when I rub it or put slight pressure on it during a BM.

Best of luck to you!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register