New and confused! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New and confused! New and confused!

Unread 07-09-2013, 01:40 PM
New and confused!

Hi all! I just had a lvah done 6/25, I am 35 and had cancer. I would of thought from all the reading I would be feeling better by now, but Im not! The pain is still there and I am bleeding yet. I cant bear to lay straight down it feels like my stomach is being stretched, so I have been sleeping on the couch. I am at wits end, any ideas would be helpful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Re: New and confused!

You just went through major surgery and your body needs time to heal. Your going to have aches and pains for a little while. If it gets real bad please call your doctor. Do you have a body pillow? That helped me a lot when trying to sleep. Some women heal faster than others. Some are feeling great and others feel bad. Your going to have your good and bad days. It is always good to check with your doctor but form what my doctor told me some women have pain and others don't. I had my surgery on the 24th of June and had a TLH. I heal quickly. Just try to stay comfortable and take pain medicine when you need it and try to relax.
Unread 07-09-2013, 03:26 PM

It's a tough time in the beginning. It's only been 2 weeks since your surgery and you can't expect so much at this point. I know how frustrating it is and the time seems to stand still. Try to do things to distract yourself(music, tv, phone conversations, thinking about future plans for when you feel better)to pass the time. Each day that passes you are getting closer to feeling good and you will, very soon. Keep your mind busy, sister, and let your body heal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2013, 03:38 PM

Hold on Sister! It will get better. I am 4 weeks post op today and I did not think I would ever stop feeling like a science project but I feel better and better every day. Not back to 100% but definitely better than 4 weeks. I had a TAH with an 8 inch incision due to multiple fibroids and an enlarged uterus (5 X the normal size). I can not wait to wear my WHITE linen pant suit! It's going to be oh so pretty!!!
Unread 07-09-2013, 03:39 PM

Thanks so much sisters!!!!! I finally feel like I am not alone in this war going on inside of myself!!!!!
Unread 07-09-2013, 03:52 PM

This is normal... you just had surgery a couple of days ago! Try to relax and make sure you keep on top of the meds. It is hard to get the pain under control if you miss a dose in the beginning. Good luck!
Unread 07-09-2013, 05:15 PM

Took me just over four full weeks before I started feeling mostly back to my old self. I still have aches and twinges here and there and get tired. It's just gonna take time so relax and enjoy the rest. You need it right now.
Unread 07-09-2013, 05:24 PM

This is all normal.
I could not lie flat , had to be propped up with lots of cussions and slept half sitting, had the stretchy feeling too.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register