Help 13 days post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help  13 days post hysterectomy Help 13 days post hysterectomy

Unread 10-22-2014, 12:57 PM
Help 13 days post hysterectomy

having a hard time not sleeping, cold feet, cold sweats but worst of all I'm having gas pain so bad in my bowels but have no urge to go! Have been taking stool softness everyday and going almost daily but still struggling . The pain is so intense today and the gurgling I am white as a ghost and in a cold sweat! Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2014, 05:04 PM
Re: Help 13 days post hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen6499 View Post
having a hard time not sleeping, cold feet, cold sweats but worst of all I'm having gas pain so bad in my bowels but have no urge to go! Have been taking stool softness everyday and going almost daily but still struggling . The pain is so intense today and the gurgling I am white as a ghost and in a cold sweat! Help!
I am having a hard time sleeping too. Monday night I was so tired I took a pain pill and passed out at like 11:30 with the tv still on. But last night took a pain pill and still couldn't sleep. Shut tv off at 2am but tossed and turned. Then had hot flashes so had to throw covers off. It is rough. The left side of my belly is sore today. I'm not having problems with bm. I had one today with no strain, no pain, and no softners. So I think that part of me is doing good. I had the gurgling when I had gas but don't have that no more.
Unread 10-22-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
My first 2 weeks post op were horrible, too. I finally started using some Milk of Magnesia once a day or whenever the bloating /gas pains would come on. It made all the difference...and was finally able to relax and get some good rest. Even now at 5 weeks, I put Benefiber in my coffee, oatmeal or whatever, plus I have Fiber Well fiber gummys on hand, too. Try eating smaller portions and more frequently. I found once I was actually hungry again, if I allowed myself to eat to the point that I was full, I would start hurting and bloating again real bad. My doctor took me off all red meats and had me eating only vegetables, fruit, and whole grains until I started feeling better. It has been quite the ordeal, but after I really starting paying attention to my diet and making sure that I had plenty of fiber going in, I really starting feeling better. I was also very pale and sick with nausea during that time, plus weak from being anemic. My husband finally went and bought me a case Ensure to help replace the nutrients that I so needed. If I wasn't real hungry, I would force myself to eat a little something and drink an ensure with it and it after I would feel better. Don't drink more than 3 a day or it will cause diarrhea.
I hope I have been able to help somewhat. I truly hope you start to feel better. If not, please call your doctor. There is nothing worse than gas pains that feel like knives going through your intestines or waives of cramping everytime you need to have a bowel movement. Heck, I even would get pain in my rectal area when I tried to sit down because I was more backed up in my bowels than I realized...even if I had already had a bowel movement that morning.
Wow, just realized how long I have been going on and on...sorry!!!
Feel better sisters!! (((HUGS)))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2014, 08:18 PM
Re: Help 13 days post hysterectomy

Oh, the gas and bowel pains are the worst. I am so sorry you are having them. I took gas ex after every meal and at bed time. Walking, and bringing each knee up alternately helped some. Hope you get some relief soon.
Unread 10-22-2014, 11:48 PM

Quote:
This sounds just miserable. I chewed gasX constantly but walking and water helped the most. I know I didn't want to walk because I hurt so bad but once I got moving it was better. I started just walking around the house. Hope you feel better soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register