Hyst and tummy tuck | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hyst and tummy tuck Hyst and tummy tuck

Unread 06-25-2004, 04:42 PM
Hyst and tummy tuck

Can it all be done at the same time anyone here had the experience?

I haven't checked into this yet but I thought since I was gonna be there and opened up I might as well get a 2 for 1 deal if possible! Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2004, 05:07 PM
Hyst and tummy tuck

I asked my doctor for the tummy tuck when he does the procedure in August. He said that if I wanted something like that I would have to go to a plastic surgon. So I guess that means no! You can always ask, the worst thing they can say is NO!

I have read several posts from those who have had it done! <lucky>. Good Luck! Margie
Unread 06-25-2004, 05:26 PM
Hyst and tummy tuck

Hmmm.....I think you can do it...but you have to have it arranged beforehand...It just seems sensible to me...maybe they get less $$$$ so it's not sensible to them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2004, 09:45 PM
Hyst and tummy tuck

I asked my doc if I could have a tummy tuck at the same time as my hyst and he said sure, we just needed to work out the arrangements with the plastic surgeon. The ps will come in first and make the incision (apparently they have to cut a certain way), then the gyn will come in and do his part, and then the ps will finish up. I'm going Monday morning to the ps and get all the final details and $$ involved.
Unread 06-26-2004, 04:30 AM
Hyst and tummy tuck

Becky...if you dont mind would you share with me what the ps says...I dont even know if this is an option for my budget...thanks
Unread 06-26-2004, 05:55 AM
Hyst and tummy tuck

Of course I will. I'm putting a sticky note next to the computer so I don't forget.
Unread 06-27-2004, 07:39 PM
Hyst and tummy tuck

Thanks a bunch...I would really appreciate any and all info you can give me on this Becky...cause thesearen't working
Unread 06-28-2004, 11:08 AM
Hyst and tummy tuck

Just got back from the plastic surgeon. Boy, was that embarassing! Had the pictures taken even!!

He said it's very common for women to have both procedures at the same time. He will make the incision, pull the skin and tissue up and out of the way. The gyn then takes over and has the ability to cut a vertical incision through the muscles and abdomen wall (which makes the surgery easier for him he said). The ps then comes back and sutures the interior vertical incision made by the gyn and repairs the muscles and ligaments and does the rest of the tummy tuck. He said what I'm having (which is a full abdominoplasty -- including a new belly button!) will take about four to five hours. So that has me a little nervous, being under for so long.

Money-wise it's not as bad as I was expecting. It's still enough to hurt the pocketbook some though. His fee is $3500. The anesthesia fee will be $1700, and the hospital fee will be $1100. The anesthesia and hospital are in addition to what insurance is paying for the hyst part of the surgery. I guess I didn't realize that a full tummy tuck was such a time-consuming procedure. So obviously there are those anesthesia, operating room, etc. costs above and beyond the regular hyst part of the surgery.

Let me know if you would like any other info.
Unread 07-01-2004, 01:00 PM
Tummy tuck with Hysterectomy

I am having a full tummy tuck at the same time, as well. The fee will be $4300 for the PS. The hospital that I am going to will bill all of the facility charges and anesthetist charge under the hysterectomy. They do this because the risk is so much less with the PS there to help out...and it doesn't add much to the surgery time. I have a herniated belly button, so the insurance will cover part of the $4300 fee...well worth it in any case!

I can honestly say that this is what I am looking forward to the most from my surgery!

Laura
Unread 07-06-2004, 08:37 PM
Tummy Tuck Here I Come

Eeeee Ha
Thanks to this website I found out that you can have a tummy tuck and a hysterectomy at the same time. Soooo, I made my appointment with the plastic surgeon and he said I would be a fine candidate for a tummy tuck. Since I have decided to go forward with both procedures, my date is probably going to have to change to a few weeks later than scheduled (hey, I don't mind if I come out with a flatter stomach!)

So, the ps's office is going to call the gyn office and get a date scheduled. Now it is all up to me. He said he would like for me to be within 10 to 15 lbs of my desired weight. Desired weight is always pretty non-realistic so I will go with what I will probably be able to maintain for the rest of my life. So, that means I have to get on the wagon and drop 15 lbs before the surgery.

South Beach here I come!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register