Thanks for all the informaton | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Thanks for all the informaton Thanks for all the informaton

Unread 04-18-2005, 08:56 PM
Thanks for all the informaton

Heres a big Thank you to all my sisters out there for all the information that has been posted about past and current issues related to hysterectomies. I finally took my trip to the castle on 04/12/2005 and had a tvh, cystocele and rectocele repair and kept both my ovaries. My stay was only for 2 days and I was so happy to be home. Now that it is over and I am on my road to recovery I think back and lol because I scared myself silly while I waited. I actually tried to talk myself out of it on the morning of the surgery because I was feeling really good that morning. Usually I was in constant pain and was on my periods more than off. Then the incontinance and always having problems with my bowels. But thanks to my dh and the Lord Jesus Christ, who calmed me down after we prayed my trip to the castle was actually okay and even though I did finally start to get really nervous my anesthesiologist came in and introduced himself and calmed me down. My surgery was scheduled at 7:30a.m. mst and only took a total of 2 1/2 hours. Allthough I am starting to have some hot flashes I feel wonderful for the most part and after I got over the pain with trying to have my first bm. I have been taking good care of myself to the point where I am a bit bored. Well I have sat long enough on this hard chair so I will end this and look forward to the next time and prayers go out to all who have and are expecting to have this done!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2005, 09:23 PM

I agree with everything you say. This site has been wonderful. I had a LAVH with a cystocele and rectocele on March the 23rd. I am almost 4 weeks postop. I am so glad to be on this side of surgery. I also give the good Lord credit for getting me through surgery and recovery.

I was really sick the morning of surgery. Not from my prolapses, but from nerves maybe. I also had been up all night with the bowel prep. I went potty so many times I lost count, and was still going that morning. I almost passed out in the shower the morning of surgery. Who knows? I'm just glad to have it all behind me.

By the way, sitting does get easier.

Donna
Unread 04-18-2005, 09:46 PM
Thank you for posting!

Dear Dcarrera,

You sound like a wonderful princess! I agree, Hystersisters is a wonderful place to come for information, encouragement and support. It has been a huge blessing to me.

Have patience with your body as it goes through the healing process. It can be hard to wait, but being good to yourself now will pay big dividends later.

Sending best wishes to you for a smooth recovery.

God bless you!

Cinderellen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2005, 10:03 PM

I had my surgery 1 day before you, and I gotta say I feel pretty good, and it is good to home and finally get it all over with. I was like you, I was quite nervous. Now I realize it was all for nothing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register