need some reassurance | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

need some reassurance need some reassurance

Unread 02-27-2002, 05:34 PM
need some reassurance

First , I would like to say Thanks for this Web Site. I have visited it several times . My TVH is scheduled for 3-18 and I am getting more nervous every day. My main concern is that I will not have any support or help when I get home, plus two children who will need me. My husband is not giving me any moral support and I am turning to you . I guess I need some reassuring words that I can and will make it. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2002, 06:22 PM
need some reassurance

s!!

I'm sorry you're going through this without the support you deserve. But you WILL be fine and you'll feel better each day.

I don't know if this will help in your particular situation, but you might want to have your husband come with you to your pre-op meeting with the doctor, or maybe schedule a meeting that he can attend. Your doctor can let him hear how serious this surgery is and exactly what kind of care you will need and what kind of help will be required to care for your kids and home while you recover.

Hearing it from an authority figure might help him understand this better. It may be that his fears and uncertainty about what's going to happen to you are bringing out the worst in him...if he's given the information maybe he'll have a change in attitude. I hope so!

We'll be here for you every step of the way!!!!!

Karen
Unread 02-27-2002, 06:36 PM
God Will Watch Over and Protect You

's

Everything will work out just fine. The lord will watch and take care of you. The hospital staff will make sure you are comfy and well taken care of. Will say ers for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2002, 07:17 PM
need some reassurance

Hi Missterri,

I'm sorry that you aren't getting the support that you need right now - I read your profile and see that you're involved in Scouting and the Make a Wish Foundation as well as work part-time.

Have you thought about asking for help from the other leaders or from your church? I was service unit chairperson many, many years ago and remember that we all used to help each other out when someone had a special need.

I hope that your DH will come with you to your next doctor's appointment.

Please let us know how you are.

's

Karen
Unread 02-27-2002, 07:19 PM
INHO men in...

general have a hard time showing their support at times. Surely he will like it better when you are feeling like a new woman. I had my mom stay with me for 4 weeks following my surgery for support as well as for help around the house. My dh was supportive but only to a degree you know after a few days he was better off at work Also you did not mention how old your children were but they would probably love to be able to help you. Your dh may very well surprise you and be more supportive when he sees for himself how very much you need him. I think you will be pleasantly at how well you do feel post op. You will have to remind yourself not to over do This site was a great help to me in terms of information but especially in terms of post op support. Best of luck with your upcoming surgery. Keep reading and posting and b4 you know it the worse part of all this , the waiting will be over!!
Unread 02-27-2002, 07:35 PM
need some reassurance

Thank you for the qiuck replies. You have made me feel better and don't feel so alone. The encouraging words have helped so much . Maybe someday I can help someone like you have helped me.
Unread 02-27-2002, 07:56 PM
need some reassurance

Missterri,

You found a great place for support - the ladies that have posted have some excellent ideas for sources of support - and of course, we are always here!

My DH has been great through the whole experience, but a few weeks before surgery I felt like he really didn't have a clue about what was going to be happening - to me and to our family - before, during and after the surgery. I had just received the great Hystersisters book, so I marked a few small sections that I thought very most informative, and gave it to him to "look at whenever he had a chance". Well, it sat by his recliner for a few days, and then he read it. Since then, he has been more involved, sympathetic and very, very helpful! I think that he was more confident after reading - before, I would ask him if he had any questions or concerns and he'd say no- but I truly think that he just did not even know what to ask!?!?! The day I came out of surgery, he even kissed me and congratulated me on being a"punctured princess"!

Best wishes to you.....
Janet

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register