LAVH Sex after hysterectomy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sex after hysterectomy? Sex after hysterectomy?

Unread 09-20-2014, 12:25 AM
Sex after hysterectomy?

I know it's early to be thinking about sex but....

Total LAVH was 9/8. Though I'm feeling better I know it's too soon but I'm wondering when I am cleared is the cuff easily torn? I had a good sex life before surg. I don't want that to change when cleared but also don't want to rip open either. Also for those who have started sex again, did it hurt - was it the same? I'm worried that without the other parts the big "o" won't happen. Also worried about DH and it being the same for him.

I know it's too soon and I'm prematurely worried, but as fast as these two weeks have gone by these next weeks are sure to fly and if rather worry and ask now then at the last minute.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2014, 01:32 AM
Sex after hysterectomy?

Im 6 weeks post total LAVH. I too was worried about the same things you mentioned. We are still young and have a great sex life. My dr cleared me last week. The first time was a bit awkward as my husband was worried, it was sweet like the first time
Not painful and we are getting back into things. I wish you a speedy recovery.
Unread 09-20-2014, 01:40 AM
Re: Sex after hysterectomy?

It is very normal to be worried. I had a LAVH, and I never experienced a ripped cuff. My surgeon cleared me for sex at 4 weeks, but I just wasn't ready. We waited 2.5 more weeks and gave it a try. It wasn't romantic for us. It was a mission. He said he couldn't feel a difference, and since has said it feels better for him. However, afterward I felt a bit tender. I asked my regular gynecologist, and she told me to wait a couple more weeks. That made a lot of difference. I had a total hysterectomy and BSO. Though we had to use lubricant, I had no trouble have orgasms. My sex drive was great until my testosterone levels got too low, but that was remedied with HRT. For me, sex was better without the pain I had before. Some women are not so fortunate and have problems, but most find sex to still be pleasurable even if it is a bit different.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register