yet another question... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

yet another question... yet another question...

Unread 05-04-2010, 09:05 AM
yet another question...

For those of you who still have their ovaries, do you still get the mood swings which would be considered that time of the month?? I get soo bad sometimes, i want to rip off ppls eyebrows I am keeping the ovaries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Re: yet another question...

I had my TVH six years ago and I kept both of my ovaries. I still have some PMS here and there, but the symptoms have diminished a lot over the years. I still have a little craving here and there, occasional breast tenderness, and some moodiness, but some months, I don't even notice so much.

If you keep your ovaries it only stands to reason that you will probably continue to have the same experience each month but for some us, it's different.

Deb
Unread 05-04-2010, 11:32 AM

For the first several months post-surgery I experienced very mild, almost non-existent PMS symptoms to the extent that I was wondering if my ovaries were still working. I too tend to get very moody to the point where it's a pretty good indicator of the time of month. However, for me the moodiness seems to have lessened since the surgery, as have most of my other PMS symptoms. Unfortunately the one indicator - bloating - that I wish would have lessened is the only one that hasn't!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2010, 11:48 AM

So far, I haven't had as many problems with PMS. I lost track of when my cycles should be and sometimes I get "testy" but nothing like before and not having the bleeding is such a blessing. On the other hand, I used to get a terrible migraine (I called them my hormone headaches) for the first 24 hours after my period started, I had night sweats and couldn't sleep, and I flooded everywhere, and I don't have those symptoms anymore at all. Yeah! They (the headaches) were so bad that I wanted to bang my head on the wall. Plus, I was anemic to boot so even though I just recently had my surgery, its been a huge improvement of how I feel on a day to day basis. My family doesn't mind occasional outbursts so much now! LOL
Unread 05-04-2010, 05:20 PM

My family would love if my PMS took a hike. Yesterday I snapped on my son and DH after being in the house for 30 seconds. No lie...I still had my bag on my shoulder. Afterwards I was like none of that stuff was important so why did I react like that? Then I was like DUH I'm PMSing. My family would rejoice if my PMS went away.
Unread 05-04-2010, 05:25 PM

Me too. If i just look cross my husband accuses me of PMS'ing. Heh, he won't be able to use that much longer.
Unread 05-04-2010, 05:31 PM

Yes I have major mood swings still, with my ovaries.
Unread 05-04-2010, 07:43 PM

Thanks for asking this question-I was wondering too as I'll be keeping my ovaries. Sounds like a mix of experiences-here's to hoping my moody PMS improves!
Unread 05-05-2010, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthefence View Post
Thanks for asking this question-I was wondering too as I'll be keeping my ovaries. Sounds like a mix of experiences-here's to hoping my moody PMS improves!
hehe!! Mine too

Thanks again ladies.
Unread 05-05-2010, 12:41 PM

I still have the symptoms! My family could do without it too... I was hoping to get rid of Aunt Flo's attitude but her ghost remains!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register