Hi new member surgery tomorrow | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hi new member surgery tomorrow Hi new member surgery tomorrow

Unread 06-18-2003, 02:21 PM
Hi new member surgery tomorrow

Hello All,
I am a new member who is having a tah/bso tomorrow at 7 am. I thought I could get through this on my own but yesterday I became very nervous. I have had several surgeries but I am worried about this one. I have endometriosis with heavy periods lasting 14 days. I also have several pelvic pain. I have been looking forward to this to be out of pain but my mother died last month of a sudden heart attack so I won't have her support. I have high blood pressure and take meds. so I am hoping that I will be ok through the surgery. I am 36 with 2 young children so I am not looking forward to the menopausal symptom- I can't take HRT for 6 months to prevent endo from returning. I take my lovely bowl prep stuff in a few hours. I just want to get it all over with. Wish me luck!!
Berrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2003, 02:33 PM

Hi Berrie~~
Welcome to the best website in the world. This is the place to get support and understanding, because no one understands better than those of us who have been there. Read as much as you can tonight. After you get home remember to rest a lot, walk a lot and drink a lot.
Good luck to you,
Darla
TAH/BSO
Unread 06-18-2003, 02:35 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss - but know that your Mother is with you and supporting you as best she can.

And know that you are not alone - we are all here for you too.

Good luck,

Kathi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2003, 02:40 PM

I too am so very sorry for your loss. I thank God that I still have my mother, but I lost my father in a car accident, so I understand that sudden loss. But think of her as an watching over you.

My surgery is Friday. I'm nervous as well, but I feel a great peace about it. I will pray that you will feel that too. ray:

As soon as you are feeling better, get back on here and let us know how you are doing!

Unread 06-18-2003, 02:42 PM

(((((Berrie)))))))))),

I am sorry for your loss

I wish you a great surgery and recovery.

If you can stop by chat tonight it is open from 8-11P.M central time.

Ladies from pre op to old timers will be there to see you off.

Just click chat at the top of any page.

Best wishes,

Pamcat
Unread 06-18-2003, 04:29 PM

Good Luck! You're not alone. We are all here thinking of you. Take care!
Unread 06-18-2003, 04:49 PM

Good luck everyone. Like most on this board that I have read, we all were nervous, but it will be over with before you know it, but that sure doesnt make it any easier. Just hang tough, and check back in and let us know how you are doing when you feel up to it.
Sorry about the loss of your Mother, I havent had parents for a long time, but wish them with me every day of my life, so I know of your loss.
Unread 06-18-2003, 06:47 PM

Hi
I was sorry to read about your mum, it must be hard not having her around and especially at this difficult time in your life.

I had my hyst five weeks ago, i'm 31. I too had many surgeries for endo (14 total) and many treatments but the thing still ran rampant through my body.

I'm glad to say that all that nasty endo is now gone out of my body. I still tire a little bit, but i'm not in so much pain now, although tummy is still a bit sore.
I'm not having any of the endo pain now and i certainly don't miss the horrendous periods that have been part of my life since i was 9.
To be honest i don't know quite how to live my life now as it's been dominated by my gynae problems for so long. But i do know i'm looking forward to finding out!

I too can't take any HRT for a while. But to be honest, the menopausal symptoms are not so bad. I'm perhaps having one hot flush a day, and i had prepared myself for a lot worse. I'm now in the mindset of whatever the menopause is like it can be NOWHERE near as bad as my periods were!!

I hope that your surgery goes well and that you are soon back on your feet and fighting fit.
Take care of yourself, get LOTS of rest afterwards, and remember, the view from this side of the mountain is a lot better!!!!

Best Wishes
Blade x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register