Tummy Tuck??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tummy Tuck??? Tummy Tuck???

Unread 05-13-2006, 08:54 AM
Tummy Tuck???

My surgery was originally scheduled on May 11th. However, I rescheduled it after reading on one of theses posts about having a Tummy Tuck done at the same time. I've been very emotional ever since I made the decision about having a hysterectomy but having scheduled the tummy tuck at the same time I feel like I'm getting a little perk out of the hyster.

Can those of you who have done both tell me their own experience?
Tummy Tuck along with Hysterectomy???
TAH, Large Fibroids, Severe Anemia (have had 2 Blood Transfussions)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2006, 09:10 AM
Tummy Tuck???

How do you go about getting teh tummy tuck at the same time???
Unread 05-13-2006, 09:11 AM
Tummy Tuck???

raxar5~

Having a TT w/hysterectomy definitely changed my focus about this surgery! I just had surgery Monday, so I'm very early in recovery. My doc had a numbing agent going directly into my abdomen that didn't come out until Thursday. Well, the numbing is finally wearing off, which is intensifying my pain level. He removed nearly four pounds of skin from my abdomen. I was in relatively good health when I went in, and I attribute that to a balanced diet and plenty of exercise including running. The outcome is different for everyone, and I would definitely do this again--fortunately, I won't have to! LOL! If you want to know anything else about my personal experience, feel free to send me a PM.

Maxine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2006, 02:28 PM
Tummy Tuck???

Hi Juliehsd,

First I had to look for a plastic surgeon that works out of the same hospital that my Gyne works out of. Then I scheduled a consultation for the tummy tuck and once I made the decision the Plastic Surgeon's secretary and my OB/Gyne's assistant spoke to see when the both Dr's would be able to do the procedure at the same time.

Since I have insurance, I'm saving on not paying for the anesthesiologist and the hospital stay. But I think what this surgeon is charging me is still costly.
Unread 05-13-2006, 05:08 PM
tummy tuck reply

I find this so wonderful, I too have always been weight conscious...but after having my surgery on Nov 28..05..I was still skinny until Feb....I have more than a swelly belly in my opinion...I am not overweight per say on height and stuff...but I do know how I care to look. I live in Canada..so it won't be the same as yourself, but if you could please let me know the procedure and what you may have said to the DR. would be much appreciated........

Thanks so much....
Unread 05-14-2006, 12:56 AM
Tummy Tuck???

I had all 4 children by C section so I had the over hang of skin/fat like most women end up with.When the Gyneocologist was talking to me about the Hyster I asked him if he could do something about it. His reply was that he should learn how to do that as soo many women ask him about it.And that was all he said. So it was a very special suprise when postop I realised he had done it.At my 6week checkup he looked at my scar and didn't mention it so I asked him about it and he said he had trained in plastics and did I mind him doing it! He blessed me so much.It was more a mini tummy tuck with no muscle involvement.
Unread 05-14-2006, 02:51 AM
Tummy Tuck???

Hi Raxar5 ,
I'll let you know next week! I'm not having a full Tummy Tuck, but I am having a panniculectomy (removing the overhanging belly). I don't know if I would have ever considered having the proceedure done otherwise, but I feel comfortable adding it on to the hysterectomy. At least it gives me something to look forward to about having this whole thing done!

Lori
Unread 05-14-2006, 03:30 PM
Tummy Tuck???

I had my hyst along with a tt/mr the gyn did his work then the ps did his work and I had them take pictures of what was going on shocking but neet to see just how much extra skin I was carrying around. I had to pay $4000 for the tt/mr and $700. for extra op room time. To me the hyst hurt more than the tt/mr. It's only been 12 days but wow what a difference. Good luck I hope it goes well for you
Unread 05-17-2006, 07:48 AM
Tummy Tuck???

Hi ddrmax,

Why do you say the hyster was more painful than the TT? Also you got a great deal, my PS is charging me $6300.
Unread 05-17-2006, 09:47 AM
Tummy Tuck???

b/c it seems that I feel more cramping and I really fill something missing inside the pain is deep inside the tt/ mr hurt only when I pull myself up or around to fast then it hurts the muscle repair and the hip to hip cut is such a smoothe smile like cut the it started healing really fast but the hyst still hurts b/c I can't lift anything heavy I can't open a car door or close it and sitting gets really tiring and to me it seems to come from the hyst. But I can say I am so very greatful I did it together and it looks fantastic I would do it the same way all over again

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register