Upcoming hysterectomy 5/9: Pre-op done and hit with depression | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 5/9: Pre-op done and hit with depression Upcoming hysterectomy 5/9: Pre-op done and hit with depression

Unread 04-28-2016, 05:15 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy 5/9: Pre-op done and hit with depression

Was moving along pretty well , trying to keep up my normal routine . My parents are passed many years now and not close with family at all , and have little connection with women . Which , honestly , never really bothered me that I didn't have more friends .
After many abnormal paps I had enough of not knowing anything . It seemed that my body would adjust and the cells would disappear. But I knew that all wasn't right . Many heavy periods, anemia , constant pain, so i more or less demanded a pelvic ultrasound from new GYN. Large fibroids and very thick uterine walls - so a LAVH is scheduled . Okay- I say to self- just a routine procedure . I tell hubs and really didn't think much of it. Until today , and I hit this wall. I knew it was coming on, but I just did an 180 in my mood and am eating everything I can, just laying on couch and still have my life to tend to, but don't want to .
How I wish my mother were here, for comfort , to listen to my fears no matter how unfounded , to just hug me and tell me it's going to be okay. I'm scared they will find more than expected , of just having this surgery . Hubs tells me not to worry about the day to day things- to relax and everything will work itself out. I say where's my box of chocolate I just bought . Sorry if I ramble , just had to vent somewhere safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2016, 07:33 PM
Re: Pre - op done and hit with depression

I am so sorry! I wish I could give you a hug, not the same as mom, I know but you need a big hug!

I hope you are able to find something to comfort you, but if you keep struggling you might talk to your doc about something for your nerves! A temporary something, this is a big deal, that I have been told could come with depression, very easily!

Please take care of yourself, and let your hubby take care of you! He is right whatever doesn't get done it didn't matter that much to begin with! You have a great support group here, these ladies are amazing! I hope someone else can offer a little better advice than me.

But I would discuss options with my doctor about something to help me through if i were you!
Unread 04-28-2016, 07:54 PM

Hi gkristie to HysterSisters!

I am so glad you found this site!

All of your feelings and emotions are very normal. Having a hysterectomy is such an overwhelming experience, and the pre-op visit can really bring it home. At a time like this, it is very natural to want your mom. My mom was also long passed when I had my surgery and I did miss her more during that time.

Having a hysterectomy is major surgery. An organ is being removed from your body, and that is an unsettling experience. I guess I would not refer to that as routine. But, your surgeon has done many of these procedures.

Being scared that they will find more than expected is a natural concern. It is unsettling to have abnormal cells and growth inside your body. It is okay to be worried.

Just know that you are not alone in this, and we are here for you. We do understand how you feel. You are very safe here - feel free to ramble whenever you want. And do let DH take care of you.

Giving you a big from across the internet.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2016, 10:01 PM

He there,

Your feelings are normal. I am 10 weeks post op and also wished I had my mom to talk to during this. She too has passed many years ago. This site was very helpful answering my questions and reading what everyone else was feeling. Hang in there, you will do great!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register