Did the deed -- have a question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Did the deed -- have a question Did the deed -- have a question

Unread 07-31-2005, 06:09 AM
Did the deed -- have a question

Finally did the deed last night! I can happily say I experienced NO PAIN! I was a nerd, though. I just wanted to DO IT, get it over with, and ask DH if it was different. He said he didn't notice a difference. I thought I felt a little tighter.

Here's the question: I felt a little burning sensation afterwards, and about an hour later when I went to the bathroom, I had extremely light spotting when I wiped. This is normal, right? Could it have been from being a little dry during the deed? I haven't had any more spotting.

TIA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2005, 06:28 AM

I think a little spotting is normal....heavy bleeding with blood clots is not..lol.
I'm glad everything went all right...and you're ok..
Hugz
Bernadette
Unread 07-31-2005, 06:30 AM

I did the "deed" on Friday, but had no spotting. It's funny how much we obsess over the first time. I was nervous, but like you, I just wanted to do it and find out what it was going to be like.

I did ask my doc last week at my appt if I should expect any spotting/bleeding and what to do if it happened. He said "you shouldn't have any bleeding, but let us know if you do".

I didn't really have a burning sensation, but I could definately tell that something had been used that hadn't been touched in a while. I felt more. . .raw is the only word I can use to describe it. It was all better by Saturday.

Hope your next time is even better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2005, 09:12 AM

i had light spotting the first time...very pink, very short-term.
i can't say what's normal, but that was kind of normal for me even before the surgery...sorry :TMI:
Unread 07-31-2005, 09:43 AM

Well I haven't done the deed yet and am wanting to (just to get it over with) I feel like a virgin again and ----- maybe i should just hang onto it this time. h'mmm second chance! not sure how my man would like that. did the outcourse and know the big "O" works so hey that is all that matters right?
will let you know how long i can keep "MY NEW VIRGINITY" LOL
paula
Unread 07-31-2005, 10:33 AM

I think the light pink spotting you experienced is due to dryness. I say that because that is what happened to me. Talk to your doc, maybe some vaginal estrogen is in your future.
Hugs
snickers
Unread 07-31-2005, 10:45 PM

I know how alot of ya feel I had my 6week appt. last week and my Doc said I was healed well. I more then ready to do the deed. I asked my Doc all kinds of questions and she was great. I also was sent home with a tube of KY and she told me things will go easier if we use it for the first 2 months. As also I am tighter then I was. I know I am thankful for KY.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register