I got the blues | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I got the blues I got the blues

Unread 11-19-2000, 04:08 PM
I got the blues

I posted this also on Aching hearts but decided to post here also. I am also thinking this largely hormone related. I am six weeks post-op and feeling really down in the dumps. I was able to keep one ovary. My doctor said he doesn't feel that I need any hormones. I was doing fine until the past week and a half. I can't put my finger on why I'm depressed. I've come to grips (at least mentally) that I will never have a child. This is a difficult time of year because of the holidays. I wish my heart and brain would go in sync. I hate feeling so gloomy. I told my hubby how I was feeling and to bear with me. He has always been so supportive of me. I've always had this problem with my hormones. I haven't been given the okay with the relations part yet - still having some healing problems. I wish I could cry and let it out. I'm fighting so hard to not be depressed. Anyone else experiencing this? I now wonder why I did all of this. I'm hoping to have my life back and be pain-free. In addition, I'm still feeling so tired all of the time. I have energy in the morning but it wear out in the evening. I hope things get better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-19-2000, 09:13 PM
I got the blues

You are still such a new princess and you have a lot going on that you may need time to adjust to. Sometimes ovaries play up after a hyst and at about 5 weeks post op it may still be in shock and trying to kick start, it takes time. Do you have any other symptoms that may tie in with it not working properly? If you still feel this way in a few weeks time and start having hot flushes/night sweats or anything then I think you should get your hormones tested.
Having said that this surgery is no walk in the park and it is a very emotional minefield - it takes time for our bodies and minds to adjust. You can feel tired for months sometimes - I know I did. You are dealing with the fact that you can have no children and that in itself is a huge hurdle to overcome. Do you have someone you can talk about this with or a group with women in a similar situation? That may help you - I know talking is good therapy for me.
Keep an eye on it and if you find that being depressed is starting to interfere with too many things in your life then it may be worth talking to your PCP about something to help put the floor back under your feet.
Don't be too hard on yourself - it does take a bit longer than we think it will. Visit your 'sisters' often - we have been there and sometimes just a little vent now and then can help.
Big hugs,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register