SAH I think I overdid it and now the pain's back... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I think I overdid it and now the pain's back... I think I overdid it and now the pain's back...

Unread 10-04-2013, 07:48 PM
I think I overdid it and now the pain's back...

My surgery was five weeks ago, and I had been chugging along pretty well. Off the pain meds, walking around the house and in the garden. This past week, though, I started helping a bit with chores since I was doing fine and hated feeling like a burden. Last Sunday I even helped out in the garden.

So now I have this awful sharp pain on the left side from just below the incision to my groin whenever I move in a way that extends that muscle group. The incision itself is barely visible, so I'm not worried about that. I'm more concerned that I may have done something stupid that's going to drag out my healing process.

I plan on calling on Monday if it doesn't get better, but please tell me I'm not the only dodo to do this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2013, 09:57 PM
Re: I think I overdid it and now the pain's back...

Of course you are not the only one who has overdone it! When I was about 3 weeks post op, my nephew who is a toddler tripped and his head was going to hit the coffee table. I grabbed him before he could fall, and Owwww! I paid for that for days. In the end I healed just fine. Likely that is what you will do to. Definitely call if it doesn't get better. And no, you are not alone. You have plenty of company.
Unread 10-07-2013, 07:36 AM

I too am 5 weeks post surgery... and went back to work a week ago. I work in a wine/liquor store- and have wonderful customers that will gladly carry their own cases from the back room- and I've been carrying only a couple bottles at a time for restocking... but they still weigh more than the glass of water I am used to lifting at this point, and carrying them presses on my still swollen belly.... being on my feet has been rough too....my belly from my ribs to my incisions (I had DaVinci) has been pretty sore by afternoon.... always glad to see my couch at night! Everything else seems to be ok- no "extra" bleeding or anything... So glad for the sisters here to share and compare with!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-07-2013, 08:03 AM

i too am almost five weeks post surgery , and started doing different things i thought would be okay , like just picking up a few clothes from floor my six year old leaves around at times, but when i went to looking for her cowgirl boots a few days ago and reaching and stretching and bending looking under stuff in a corner i felt sharp pain on left side also and bled some ..... i cried and couldnt move for a little while..... today i'm still real sore , getting in and out of my husbands truck driving her to school hurts too...........still spotting some.....am more worried about internal bleeding from that incident........the end of the day i too head for the couch !! i wonder sometimes "when and if it's going to ever be all better" ~ hotflashes are prevalent and making me nauseated and sleep difficult. Am supposed to start hormone pill therapy, but havent picked it up yet. Scared things will get even worse..........anxiety is my enemy , staying positive really makes a difference.

Thank you all for sharing , it really helps knowing i'm not alone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register