Sex 1 Week After Vaginal Hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sex 1 Week After Vaginal Hysterectomy Sex 1 Week After Vaginal Hysterectomy

Unread 07-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Sex 1 Week After Vaginal Hysterectomy

I WAS Feeling Great 1 Week After surgery And Well We Did And It Was Fine Then Had Some Tummy Pain After Then Did Again At 2 Weeks Post Op And It Hurt More But What Im Asking Is There Signs Of Infection I Should Be Looking For ? The Doc At My Two Weeks Said I Could Have Sex At Three Weeks And I Would Have A Nasty Smelly Brown Stuff Come From The Stiches at three weeks Well That Happaned At Two Weeks One Day Witch Happens To Be The Next Day After Sex I Asked The Nurse If It Was Too Soon For The Smelly Wet Crap He Talked About But She Said No I Also Have Had Pelvic floor Pain And My Tummy Hurts Bad When I Pee Not Burning Just Hurts In The Gut And Some Mild Spotting Witch I Have Not Had Since Day 2 I Feel Like I Am Just Crying Wolf And The Nurse Seems To Think Im Fine Any One Else Out There Have These Problems???? Also No Man Juice Went In The Vagina during these events

Admin Note: HysterSisters.com cautions all members to wait for their doctor's release before engaging in intercourse. Acting before your doctor's release could result in ripped stitches, infection or worse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2008, 05:26 PM

One week seems awfully soon for sex girl!!!! I'm five weeks and cleared for sex aftr 7 weeks.

When you had sex at one week post op, you were barely healed!! It doesn't matter that there was no man juice woman!!!!

I am not trying to come down on you at all. Believe me, this is the longest we've gone without vaginal intercourse since we've been together. He's had to settle for something else, and he ain't complaining LOL!!

I think you're going to be having pain for a while yet.

Good luck
Jess
Unread 07-14-2008, 07:11 PM

I am sorry but having sex 1wk post -op WAS and IS IRRESPONSIBLE
Now to answer your Q, pain and fever are the two things to look for
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2008, 07:24 PM

I cannot imagine having sex a 5 weeks post op never mind one week. There is a reason why the dr says no sex after surgery. It sounds like you have an infection and I wouldn't be putting anything in your vagina until you go to the Dr and get an antibiotic.
Unread 07-14-2008, 07:24 PM

Ummmmmm - I think you'd better see your doctor and stop the intercourse.

You are in a position to wreck your healing process and be faced with many more problems because of it.

If you had your cervix removed, the newly formed vaginal cuff needs to heal, and you can rip the stitches without even knowing it. Not to mention bacteria being introduced to your body in it's weakened condition

There are threads throughout Hystersysters where posters tell of the problems they caused themselves by giving in to urges to have intercourse.

There are many other ways to express sexual love - they can be your best friends right now.

Unread 07-14-2008, 08:06 PM

I would just call the doctor and be honest. That way if there is an issue you can be put on antibiotics if needed. It is not crying wolf if you have a real question that needs a doctors answer. I hope you are okay.
Happy healing

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register