Scheduled TAH Will having my uterus and cervix removed mean I'll be unable to have an orgasm? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Will having my uterus and cervix removed mean I'll be unable to have an orgasm? Will having my uterus and cervix removed mean I'll be unable to have an orgasm?

Unread 10-17-2013, 10:11 PM
Will having my uterus and cervix removed mean I'll be unable to have an orgasm?

I'll only have a vaginal cuff left over, and I've never had an orgasm from intercourse. I'm worried they'll be removing the area that produces the good feelings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2013, 01:15 AM
Re: Will having my uterus and cervix removed mean I'll be unable to have an orgasm?

The answer is that it is likely you will still be able to have orgasms, especially since you don't have vaginal orgasms now. Most women are still able to have clitoral orgasms after hysterectomy. I have a vaginal cuff and still have both clitoral and vaginal orgasms. Women who experience uterine contractions with orgasms seem to be the ones most affected by hysterectomy sexually. However, as with everything there are no guarantees. Some women find that their orgasms are different or less intense. Others find that they are better or more intense. Overall, I enjoy sex much more than before my hysterectomy, but I think that's because before surgery I found sex very painful. Others find that it remains the same. I hope it all works out for you.
Unread 10-18-2013, 09:08 AM
Re: Will having my uterus and cervix removed mean I'll be unable to have an orgasm?

Not to worry. There are plenty of areas to produce good feelings left in your vagina and vulva. Myself, I've always been more about clitoral than vaginal orgasms anyway. How things worked for me before surgery is still how they work now - i.e., really well. ;-)

I hope you can talk to your partner about how things work for you so that s/he will help you out and not leave you hanging.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2013, 12:26 PM

When I awoke from my TVH, the first thing I asked my surgeon was? "Did you break my G spot" he said he didn't touch it. I still have my orgasms and everything feels great in there. Just remember to take the appropriate time to heal. Even if you feel good. Do NOTHING. Wait until the all clear to have sex and try to relax. I was nervous the first time. So my Hubby and I put mood lighting and music, had some wine. etc. Good luck!
Unread 10-18-2013, 06:39 PM

My orgasms are actually better without my cervix and uterus. I used to have uterine contractions and those are now gone but I have different muscle contrations instead. They feel different but happen exactly when the uterine ones used to happen...if that makes sense. lol! My orgasms are just as intense as before but last a lot longer. My DH can still put me into "quiver mode" as he calls it. lol!
Unread 10-18-2013, 06:50 PM

I had an abdominal TAH only 24 days ago. Now obviously I cant be 100% positive as I haven't tested the equipment yet, but judging from, ummmm, errrrrr, certain "feelings" down there...things are going to be better than before ****blushes****

I can only speak for myself as everyone is different but I think things will be just fine!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register