Scheduled TAH Counting down the days - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Counting down the days Counting down the days

Unread 10-01-2009, 06:46 AM
Re: Counting down the days

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilitchb View Post
I am having my surgery on the 9th as well! Reading all these posts & the support here has been amazing! I am VERY nervous, but very excited to be free of Aunt Flo!! I will think of all the sisters sharing the same date! Good luck & good healing wishes to all of you & see you in the postop!!

Kim
Tami, Kim and Tracey -

I share the same surgery date also! I am very much looking forward to October 9th! So many of the women on here have posted that waiting is the hardest part, and boy, are they right!! It seems like next Friday will never get here.

I will keep all of you ladies in my prayers. And I look forward to seeing you on the other side!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2009, 08:06 AM

I'm having a TAH on OCt 8th, being cut from belly button down (Grade 1 Endrometril Cancer).
Thanks for all the support.
Now someone explained some of the abbreviations like TAH but what about the words like Princess, crowning, etc. And whats RSO, and SAH?
I think I've figured out "the code" but is there a sight that explains them??
I don't know much about my surgery like if anyting is going ot be lifted in the process. That would be nice! Just know everything is being removed and cells and nodes being cecked for more cancer.
Unread 10-01-2009, 08:35 AM

Here's some help with some of the abbreviations that you'll see here -

TAH--Total Abdominal Hysterectomy----Removal of uterus including the cervix
TAH BSO--Total Abdominal Hysterectomy- Bilateral Salpingoopherectomy---Removal of uterus and both tubes and ovaries.
LAVH--Laparoscopic Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy---Vaginal Hysterectomy with visualization and resection of the uterine ligaments through a scope inserted through or near the umbillicus.The uterus is then delivered through the vagina.
TVH-- Total Vaginal Hysterectomy ---removal of uterus and cervix through the vagina
TLH-- Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy ---removal of uterus and cervix through the laparoscopic method
SAH--Subtotal Abdominal Hysterectomy--removal of uterus through an abd. incision leaving the cervix intact
SAH--Supracervical Abdominal Hysterectomy---same as above
LSH--Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy
Lap Hyster---same as LAVH
TVH---Vag hyster
LAVH---Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
TVH-BSO --removal of uterus and both tubes and ovaries thru the vagina
RSO or LSO - removal of the right tube and ovary or left tube and ovary

-------------

ROFL -- Rolling on the floor laughing
LOL -- Laughing out loud
DH -- Dear Husband
DD -- Dear Daughter
DS -- Dear Son
BTW -- By the way
JMHO -- Just my humble opinion
HRT -- hormone replacement therapy
NHRT -- Natural hormone replacement therapy
Prog-- Progesterone
Est -- Estrogen

A Princess is a sister that has already had a hysterectomy, the castle is the hospital, and the crowning is when you actually get your hysterectomy.

Hope this helps!!
Unread 10-01-2009, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharcare View Post
I'm having a TAH on OCt 8th, being cut from belly button down (Grade 1 Endrometril Cancer).
Thanks for all the support.
Now someone explained some of the abbreviations like TAH but what about the words like Princess, crowning, etc. And whats RSO, and SAH?
I think I've figured out "the code" but is there a sight that explains them??
I don't know much about my surgery like if anyting is going ot be lifted in the process. That would be nice! Just know everything is being removed and cells and nodes being cecked for more cancer.
"What 100,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy" contains the information you are asking about

Princess means you have had your hysterectomy - and we are indeed princesses!! Upon receiving your hysterectomy date, you are a 'princess in training'. The 'castle' is the hospital.

BSO = Bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy - removal of both ovaries and tubes. RSO = Removal of the right ovary and tube. LSO = Removal of left ovary and tube.

SAH = Supracervical Abdominal Hysterectomy, or otherwise known as a partial, meaning the uterus is removed and the cervix is left.

As I said before, my copy of "What 100,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy" has been invaluable for my preparations (I am single and live alone) and what to expect during my recovery. While I adore my doctor, there were/are many things I discovered from this wonderful site and the booklet that were not touched on by my doctor and I am spreading the word. My sister, who has been my backbone through this, is even going to mention this to her doctor when she goes for her annual next month, she is that impressed with the info I have gained and shared with her

Good luck with your surgery - I hope all goes well for you!! If I may, I would recommend purchasing the tummy pillow and reaching tool. Both of these have made my life so much easier. The nurses in the hospital loved my pillow, they thought it was precious and agreed that we are 'princesses' and in fact started calling me Princess lol. One nurse called me the 'Trooper Princess' - she thought I would think she was evil by encouraging me walking, etc. But I didn't think her evil at all, she was doing what was best for me and my recovery and I appreciated that.
Unread 10-01-2009, 04:20 PM

Cindy, thank you so much for responding. I just got my book today so I will be reading, reading, reading.

Yes, I am having a TAH.

I feel pressure all of the time in my lower abdomen but have not actually felt the fibroids themselves. I typically get about 1 good week a month where I am not in some sort of pain and I used to be the energizer bunny. Now during my good week I will still sleep whenever I can, the rest of the time I am a wreck.

I am so happy that you are starting to really recover and look forward to the time that both of us have our energy back.

thank you everyone for sharing their stories.

Tami

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register