TVH granulation tissue 8 weeks post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

granulation tissue 8 weeks post hysterectomy granulation tissue 8 weeks post hysterectomy

Unread 06-24-2015, 03:28 PM
granulation tissue 8 weeks post hysterectomy

hi sisters! this is my first post on this forum.. i had a tvh on the 1st of may and have been plagued with nothing but problems... first it was from bleeding...then I had problems with my bladder at about 2wks post op.... then i got an infection at around 4 weeks post op. so was bombarded with antibiotics. then i needed another round because the infection was still there. art my 6 week check up my surgeon said i had granulated tissue at my vaginal cuff so she removed some and treated me with this brown paint stuff(unsure of name) and sent me on my way with antibiotic vaginal cream. she said in a few days it should be all resolved. well that was 2 weeks ago... yesterday i went to my gp to get a check up on it and the granulation is still there! so i now go back to the surgeon on the 7th of July to see what she recommends. has anyone else had problems with granulation tissue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2015, 03:56 PM
Re: granulation tissue 8weeks post op

Hi Sister!

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. I am also 8 weeks post op (tomorrow). I was wondering what are the signs of granulation tissue? I don't have any bleeding but feel really achy and sore and very very tired. Really disappointed in my recovery so far. I was checked at 6 weeks and got cleared for everything. I told him how I was feeling and all he said was give it more time. But it is hard not to wonder if there is something wrong...
Unread 06-24-2015, 05:38 PM

hi! i feel your pain with not recovering well. every day for me is a struggle. the only way i realize it was granulated tissue was at my 6week post of appointment when she looked at the vaginal cuff. but prior to then around 3-4 weeks post op i had this watery clear discharge which smelt like i can only describe as dirty pond water. it was horrible and there was lost of it. and i also had a very sore lower abdomen . i called my surgeon about it and she said it was an infection... when i had my 6 week app she said it was all caused by the granulated tissue....myself now i have a constant stabbing pain in y lower mid part of my abdomen just near my bikini line bowel issues and numerous other issues . which all happened after my surgery ... it is defiantly not an easy recovery like nilly everyone says lol im going back to the doctors myself to say something just isnt right... hopefully you can get some answers yourself...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2015, 06:06 PM

I can relate to your experience. I also had that horrible odor. My doctor said it would go away on its own but I could use boric acid vaginally. I treated it that way and then the smell was gone but even still, if I am off of the boric acid for a few days, the discharge and slight odor come back so I have to use it every three days or so to keep it away.
It was good to hear what your symptoms are of the granulated tissue. I may go back to the doctor if I don't feel better soon. This is a way harder recovery then I ever imagined. I really don't know what I would do without everyone's support! 💗

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register