the better life...a five month update | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

the better life...a five month update the better life...a five month update

Unread 08-08-2005, 12:05 AM
the better life...a five month update

in two days i will be 5 months out from my surgery. i thought that maybe it was time to give an update. i remember sitting there for the first few weeks after surgery thinking i would never feel better and wondering if all of the things i felt and saw were "normal"! the answer was yes!!! i worried over every little thing but i always found someone on this website that the same thing had happened to. it brought me such comfort. now here i am so close to the six month mark and i just wanted to let all of you ladies know who are just out of surgery thinking that your never going to feel better....YOU WILL!!!! i feel GREAT these days. i have no regrets about having my surgery. it was the best thing for me and i wonder what in the world made me put it off so long. i realize there are members who do have issues after surgery and my heart goes out for those ladies. but i also wanted to let you know there are people out there like myself who have this surgery and it improves their lifes. i no longer have to tell my ds that mommy cant help him with something because she hurts too much or is tired or whatever. i can make love to my dh and not feel pain from it. i can feel the desire to make love to him again. its out there....the better quality of life that you did this surgery for....its truly out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2005, 05:03 AM

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! It is so nice to hear things like this from other sisters. I am only 4 weeks postop today. I do feel better than I did right after surgery (and definitely better than I felt BEFORE surgery), but I have days when I feel just plain yuck and have wondered if that will ever improve. Your post gives us all hope in a better tomorrow. Thanks again!!
Unread 08-08-2005, 07:09 AM

Just like to endorse the sentiments of irishangel67,yes things do get better,I am 4 months post op this week and I too remember sitting at my screen posting questions and there seemed to be so many in those first few weeks.I always knew there was the love and support and no matter how silly I thought my questions were someone else was also experiencing similar things and could put my mind at rest.
To jsd514 I would just like to say my turning point seemed to be about5/6 weeks post op of course we are all different but the magic 6 weeks seems to be a re-curring figure I've read so many times on this web site,so good luck and there is light at the end of the tunnel
Hugs from Pat xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2005, 07:19 AM

I am also four months+ and the small things still amaze me. Yesterday I was able to get down on the ground, lie on my stomach, take pictures of a very pretty butterfly and then get back up ON MY OWN. It's a small thing to a lot of people but after living with constant pain for the last 15 years or so it surprises me when I can do something I haven't been able to in such a long time. Hopefully, it will keep getting better!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register