dVH/RALH Returning to work on Monday | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Returning to work on Monday Returning to work on Monday

Unread 05-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Returning to work on Monday

I will be at 6 weeks on Friday. I still have some discomfort where my ovaries used to be, only when I am lying on my side. A couple advils help. I go back to work on Monday. Any suggestions on how to prepare for it. I have been trying to do more each day but 3 hours of errands yesterday did me in for today. I have been hanging out at home all day, other than walking with my dog (who is not going to be happy on Monday)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2013, 08:06 PM
Re: Returning to work on Monday

Try and plan meals for your first week..whether it's just ordering pizza or making a simple dinner. Just having a plan helps! Try to do as much prep for lunches ect too. You will be very tired, my first day back I was home in bed by 5:30! The good news is that every day is just a little easier than the last. Make sure you have Tylenol/advil with you, I noticed that I upped my intake of pain killers that first week. I also took a heating pad to work with me as I have a desk job so I used it a bit.

Good luck!
Unread 05-07-2013, 08:24 PM

I'm on my third week back at work and advil is my best friend. I'm on my feet for 9-11 hours a day, by the time I get home I'm ready for bed. Plan ahead on your meals for the week, save any errands for the weekend or send someone else to do them. I try to spend at least one weekend day relaxing and resting. Even if it consists of sitting on the couch folding laundry, I'm still accomplishing something, but I'm not straining myself doing it. Good luck, it's not easy but we're women we can do anything!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-11-2013, 12:48 PM

Thanks, I prepared so much for the surgery and recovery time that I still have a lot of meals in the freezer! I actually found out on Thursday that I don't go back until Tuesday, that helps, since Mondays can be a little crazy. This weekend I am working on getting clothes ready, fortunately two out of those 4 days are jeans casual!
Unread 05-11-2013, 01:38 PM

I went back 1/2 days this past week & def having clothes & meals planned was huge because I would come home and crash...hard! Two additional things that may help is to bring a couple pillows to support your back or to elevate your feet a little (if desk job) & have your husband or someone fill up your car with gas. on a side note, I think the most exhausting part about my return was talking to every coworker that came by to welcome me back...sweet but EXHAUSTING! Good luck & hope all goes well your first day back.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register