Had my consult with PS for TT along side abdominal hysterectomy (8/11) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had my consult with PS for TT along side abdominal hysterectomy (8/11) Had my consult with PS for TT along side abdominal hysterectomy (8/11)

Unread 08-01-2016, 05:09 PM
Had my consult with PS for TT along side abdominal hysterectomy (8/11)

I was very nervous beforehand, actually told my hubby in the waiting room that I was going to go home.
In the consult I said to hubby "regular people don't do this, only the rich and famous" but he assured me that lots of people do.
Anyway, the consult went great, the PS agreed to do the TT (along with some lipo contouring that he felt necessary) alongside my GYN for the TAH. He also found I have an abdominal hernia and muscle separation from my pregnancies that he will repair at the same time.
Now they just have to get it coordinated and all the pain from hyster will be worth it to have not only great insides but a fabulous outside too!
I am still super nervous about the surgery but feel much more ready to start my life as a new woman both inside and out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2016, 07:16 PM

Glad it went well! I'm jealous...I don't have any extra money or good enough credit to finance. Lucky I can pay the deductible for my TAH thanks to a flexible spending account. I go in foot my TAH on 8/18.
Unread 08-01-2016, 07:23 PM
Re: Had my consult with PS for TT along side TAH today

My TAH is all covered on the insurance as we met our massive deductible this year due to a broken arm on one child (including emergency ambulance and overnight stay), MRI's on my daughters knees and a stress fraction for my hubby.
My mum is giving my $3K towards it and we will pay the rest off at the end of the year from bonuses.
I am extremely lucky to be able to do it, it is something I've wanted for the last 10 years, well before any thought of my hyster diagnosis.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2016, 07:54 PM

That's great! Well, not the broken arm, but I think you get it.

If I asked my mom she'd just tell me to exercise and diet.
Unread 08-01-2016, 09:47 PM
Re: Had my consult with PS for TT along side TAH today

Ah that's not fair!
I had 3 c/s (the last at 37) and there is no way that exercising will repair muscle separation no matter what anyone will say.
Now if I'd have had all 3 children by 25 then maybe my over ab's would have been strong enough to go over the separation but not getting those results at 47 even after losing 50lbs.
My mum is of the "if you can get it fixed then go for it" attitude and I'm only spending my inheritance now (I'm an only child and she and my dad are divorced) and letting her see the results and she loves that she can help me do that.
She is coming over from Europe to be with me for a month to help me recover and she is more excited than me to see the results

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register