I'm not gonna lie..... I want a hysterectomy! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm not gonna lie..... I want a hysterectomy! I'm not gonna lie..... I want a hysterectomy!

Unread 10-02-2012, 07:59 PM
I'm not gonna lie..... I want a hysterectomy!

I don't have a date yet, but it will be before te end of the year. My2nd opinion doctor agreed with me it's my best option fr any kind of relief.

I'm 34 and have one kid. I don't want anymore. I have had several laporoscopies, ablation, etc. I have endometreosis and now what looks like post ablation tubal syndrome.

I had an er visit that left me with a diagnosis of 2 ovarian cysts. But reading further into the US I saw some things that didn't make sense. Like why would I have a 9 mm think lining after an ablation? What exactly is a hetereogeneous uterus? When I went in for a follow up I was told all of that stuff was normal. I read a lot and have a medical background so I knew it wasn't right. I found a dr for a 2nd opinion who did an ultrasound right on the spot.

Bottom line I have PATS and its not normal and it needs to be corrected.

I should have a date soon, but now I know I'm not crazy. There is something wrong and now I will be treated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Re: I'm not gonna lie..... I want a hysterectomy!

Congratulations on your decision! I had a horrible fibroid that was causing severe pain (ER twice in 6 months and narcotics every month), excessively heavy bleeding, nausea/vomiting, etc. and pretty much ruining my life 2-3 weeks per month. For years my GYN blew me off. After 7 years of increasing complaints, he finally offered to do the ablation. I could tell he was reluctant--he kept reminding me that I have never had children (I'm 43) and I might still want to (I don't)--a conversation we have been having for 7 years. So, he agreed to do it, and then his nurse never called to schedule. I called her SIX times and finally gave up. I went to a new GYN and she took one look and said, "You are not a candidate for ablation, that fibroid is way too large." And then she told me about my options and recommended daVinci. It was a little hard to get my head around it at first, because it was such a big leap from where I was at with my old doc. But another miserable month went by and I was sold.
I had my surgery on Friday and feel fabulous. Better than I have in years!! I felt weird because I was so excited about my decision and not nervous--it was a liberation to have a solution, a light at the end of the tunnel.
You are not crazy, and you are not alone in being excited and happy!
You are about to get your life and your health back!! Woohoo!
Unread 10-02-2012, 10:38 PM

I feel exactly the same way. November 5th can't get here quick enough! I am so scared of catching a cold or something, doctor having to reschedule etc that I worry more about that then the actually surgery. I will worry about that when I get to the hospital and its a GO! I am so tired of hurting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2012, 11:08 PM

Yep, I want mine done, too. Even just after having CIN3 and all the stress and drama that involved, I wanted it all out. Then finding out I have a fibroid just cemented the notion and it was a 2nd opinion doc who agreed with me. I went to see him with a list of all the reasons I wanted it done, both medical and emotional, but I didn't need to use it. I can't say I'm not a little nervous about surgery, mut more than anything, I just want it done. Only 2 and a half weeks now, so not long to wait!
Unread 10-03-2012, 08:54 AM

I was ready too! I am glad it's over. Now I just have to keep figuring out hrt. A good trade IMO. Best of luck to you!
Unread 10-03-2012, 02:00 PM

I just want to make sure you are aware that a hysterectomy is not a cure for endometriosis so you will want to find the most skilled surgeon you can find who will not only be able to locate and recognize any implants, but who will also use a method that will allow him/her to completely excise those implants so you don't deal with endometriosis post hysterectomy.

For tips for finding a skilled surgeon, to learn more about endometriosis, and to meet up with other women dealing with this diagnosis, feel free to pop over to our Endometriosis Support forum!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register