Is this pain normal | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is this pain normal Is this pain normal

Unread 10-17-2013, 02:01 PM
Is this pain normal

Hi I had a da Vinci hysterectomy 6 days ago (11 Oct) and have been in much more pain that I was prepared for, though it gets better daily. The only pain I am continuing to have is inside like lower abdomen even on the sides of my lower abdomen. Like the pain feels like my insides need held up or they are coming out. Is that normal? It also is very very well noted when I need to urinate which I'm hoping is normal and not a uti coming on. I tried to stop the pain meds and was miserable for a day and half and caved and took one and felt much much better. Just want to know if that pain is normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2013, 02:11 PM
Re: Is this pain normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camilynn View Post
Hi I had a da Vinci hysterectomy 6 days ago (11 Oct) and have been in much more pain that I was prepared for, though it gets better daily. The only pain I am continuing to have is inside like lower abdomen even on the sides of my lower abdomen. Like the pain feels like my insides need held up or they are coming out. Is that normal? It also is very very well noted when I need to urinate which I'm hoping is normal and not a uti coming on. I tried to stop the pain meds and was miserable for a day and half and caved and took one andlfelt much much better. Just want to know if that pain is normal.
I had a TVH 20 days ago and what you are describing sound like "bladder spasms" I still have them although they are getting better day by day. If you have a concern don't hesitate to call your dr. Don't try to do to much and let others help you. (that is what i have had the hardest time doing) on the days you feel good don't push it cause you will feel it later.

Most of all know you are not alone and you have a community of sisters here who are/have gone thru it.

sending you well wishes and hugs

Kathy
Unread 10-17-2013, 05:31 PM

I had a lot of endo removed around my ovaries and my lower sides are still more tender, at 6 days this is probably normal. i also just took the pain meds the first week and then evenings after as recommended by the dr so I slept well. I had some additional sensation urinating about the end of the first week also. Keep track of your temperature and call the dr. If you have fever symptoms indicated on your discharge papers, that will tell you its getting more serious. And it never hurts to call the office and ask for an opinion, you will feel better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2013, 05:50 PM

Thank you for the replies. I honestly think I'm getting a uti, cause tonight I have had constant urgency to go. Guess I'll be calling the drs in the morning.
Unread 10-17-2013, 06:24 PM

I have noticed urinating is weird too. In the front of my abdominal. I don't know what's normal now compared to before. What I thought was normal before probably wasn't due to size of uterus. Idk I would like to know too cuz it's weird now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register