5 days post hysterectomy: Hot flashes more difficult than pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 days post hysterectomy: Hot flashes more difficult than pain 5 days post hysterectomy: Hot flashes more difficult than pain

Unread 05-16-2014, 05:39 PM
5 days post hysterectomy: Hot flashes more difficult than pain

Hey all,

Sorry to be a pest, I had a TAH + BOS on Monday, before the op I was on medication which simulated menopause so I was already having hot flashes.

I was sent home in the morning of day 2 and on day 3 my body had recovered enough for the hot flushes to resume.

They are brutal far worse and far more frequent and before the op. With sickness not letting me eat , pain from the op and other things I'm having a really miserable time

Did anyone else suffer extreme hot flushes after their overys where removed? How long before they settled down to a more normal level because right now I would happily claw my skin off when they happen. I can't sleep I'm constantly dripping with sweat and I'm generally miserable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2014, 05:54 PM
Re: Hot flashes more difficult than pain

Let your Dr know. Mine told me that if mine get to be unbearable, there is a new cream that I can try. Maybe yours has something that he/she has samples of that you can try before prescribing.
Unread 05-16-2014, 06:12 PM

You should have been given some kind of estrogen during surgery to help them be less . Thankfully from this site I learned a lot and went to a compounding pharmacy pre-op , they specialize in bioidentical hormones and my doc agreed with thier plan and got on HRT day of surgery. It is working great thus far day 3 post op.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2014, 10:58 PM

I'm only 37 so I never had any menopausal symptoms before. I was always cold and the day of my surgery I felt obnoxious cause I kept asking for heated blankets because I was so cold. Today I had 2 hot flashes that were pretty manageable, my problem is the night sweats. I wake soaked head to toe. First night i was home I thought I wet the bed but after sitting in bed under the fan I dried up pretty quickly. I find this unbearable and have stopped wearing night clothes and wear my hair up in a ponytail. I can't have any HRT for 3 years because I had uterine cancer.
Unread 05-16-2014, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minchella3 View Post
You should have been given some kind of estrogen during surgery to help them be less . Thankfully from this site I learned a lot and went to a compounding pharmacy pre-op , they specialize in bioidentical hormones and my doc agreed with thier plan and got on HRT day of surgery. It is working great thus far day 3 post op.
HRT isn't an option for most cancer patients.
Unread 05-17-2014, 01:52 AM

Yeah I have been given HRT I was on it before the op, so they have just kept me
On the same one/ dose but it's still really unbearable.
Unread 05-17-2014, 04:32 AM

Can you take the OTC estroven? or maybe try the black cohosh herb, ppl say it works. luckily I did not start having the flushes until maybe a couple weeks post op.. i am now 4 wks post op and still having them. not real bad , but enough to sleep nude now. That will prob be the norm for me. I opt to not take hormones, So finding something that works is my task right now. I am managing without anything at the moment. but can tell that they are getting more frequent and headaches. I have noticed some things that bring them on. spicy stuff and my morning coffee. I am constantly taking clothes off/ putting clothes on and repeat.. lol.. It's no fun. Best wishes to you. hope you find some relief.
Unread 05-17-2014, 07:20 AM
Re: 5 days post hysterectomy: Hot flashes more difficult than pain

I don't know if this is an option for you but I heard essential oils work for some people. My friend uses Progessence Plus and she swears by it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register