New Scared...what to expect | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New Scared...what to expect New Scared...what to expect

Unread 07-22-2007, 06:49 PM
New Scared...what to expect

AH 7/24 hoping to spare the ovaries and cervix. Previous kidney surgery will make removal of the cervix complex so Dr. wants to leave it. I think that is what terifies me the most what if he can't. My kidney surgery was in 1975 so, so much has changed I am sure the surgery was done different then.
I have a good support staff at home but I usually still "run" the house.
Nerves are getting the best of me I feel like everything is going to fall apart while I am out of commission, lets hope not. I have read alot on here and finally joined.

How long did you stay in the hospital?
What foods were best after surgery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2007, 07:00 PM

Hi,
I'm one week post-op. I had a TAH/BSO. I had my surgery on Friday & was cleared to go home on Sunday. I wasn't even born yet when you had your kidney surgery!
As far as foods go, I try to eat high fiber. Lots of fruits, veggies & bread with 3-5 grams of fiber per slice. Cherries and tuna sandwiches are my two new favorite foods since I've been home. I also had my Mom bring in some fresh fruit to me in the hospital. I drink Orange Juice with Calcium and Vitamin C added.
Hope this helps some & I'm sure there will be someone else along soon!
Unread 07-22-2007, 07:06 PM

Holly, I really love the scripture you chose for your sig. Especially "to those that love God"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2007, 07:11 PM

good luck with your surgery...i am sure everything will be just fine. most everyone is nervous before. i hope you have an easy recovery
Unread 07-22-2007, 07:20 PM

I stayed in the hospital for 2 days. I had no trouble eating anything after surgery. I just kept it simple so I could stock up on things.

So what if things fall apart a bit. YOUR recovery and well being are what's important!
Unread 07-22-2007, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coop05
How long did you stay in the hospital?
What foods were best after surgery?
I had an abdominal hysterectomy and was in the hospital for three days, which seems to me to be "par for the course" from the thousands of posts I've read here on Hystersisters.com. But if you're curious as to yor own projected length of hospital stay, you should ask your doctor

While I was in the hospital, the dietary staff there determined what was best for me, and I honestly wasn't paying too much attention. Truthfully, I was too tired and high on pain medication to really care much about what I was eating. Consuming food really never crossed my mind. After I got home, anything my husband prepared and served me seemed to taste okay.

Best wishes for a successful surgery and uneventful recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register