Vaginal cuff pain (11 wks post op) - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal cuff pain (11 wks post op) Vaginal cuff pain (11 wks post op)

Unread 01-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Re: Vaginal cuff pain (11 wks post op)

I am sore again today and had a fresh bleed - very little but it gave me a shock as I am 5 weeks post-op today and haven't bled for about 4 weeks. I see the Surgeon this Thursday and hope this was just a stitch healing or something.

BarefoodLiz - have you been checked out? It does seem an awful long time post-op for you to still have a lot of pain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2012, 11:19 AM

I have an appt for Thursday.
Unread 01-09-2012, 11:24 AM

I don't think I am getting vaginal cuff pain, but I do ache in the pubic region at the end of the day.
Godly, on my usual post page, reckons that her vagina has been shortened to form the cuff, and that could cause an ache too.

My main aching area is much higher, above the swelly belly, just under the ribs, especially at the end of the day. I think that is from squashing the tummy. I will have to hoist the boobs up higher to get them out of the way!

Luckily, I only ache, not what I call pain, so I don't take any pain killers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2012, 11:26 AM

Although I did not have a TVH, but rather a DvH....I did have everything removed via the vagina and I wonder if this results in much more of an issue with pain in that area.

From scanning threads about this problem over the last several weeks....it seems that a large number of the posters had hysterectomies that involved taking the uterus thru the vagina.

I had a couple of decent sized fibroids and the thought of them coming through that way does worry me a bit.
Unread 01-09-2012, 01:39 PM

Oh, the pain/pressure is worse when standing. Especially if I've been upright for awhile. Even sitting up straight hurts.

I'm so afraid that the doc is just going to say something like "I can't find anything wrong....I have no idea why you're in pain." That is pretty much what she has been saying for weeks.
Unread 01-09-2012, 03:42 PM

Well - I don't know exactly why it takes so long to go away, but trust me, it does eventually go.

Someone earlier said her surgeon said 3 months for the collagen in the skin to knit around it, and I'd say that answer is spot-on.

Took 3 months for me.

But no discomfort there now at all. We just have to be patient!
Unread 01-10-2012, 10:22 AM
Vaginal cuff pain (11 wks post op)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootLiz View Post
My pain is at or on top of the vaginal cuff. There's also pressure. I'm so sick of being in pain.
Mine is the exact same barefootliz, like it feels like the pressure I had in early labor also a lot of pain! I am 9 weeks post today, Dr says its just healing but I am in tears somedays! Good luck to all of you hope we will all be pain free someday soon, very soon.
Unread 01-10-2012, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Oh, the pain/pressure is worse when standing. Especially if I've been upright for awhile. Even sitting up straight hurts.

I'm so afraid that the doc is just going to say something like "I can't find anything wrong....I have no idea why you're in pain." That is pretty much what she has been saying for weeks.
Mine to Barefoot, I'm so frustrated with being in so much pain, she says its healing good, then why am I in the terrible pain, I see her on Thursday... Good luck to you! Hugs.
Unread 01-10-2012, 12:19 PM

The gyn has a cancellation for Wednesday so I will see her at 1:30. I'm pretty sure nothing will show up on ultrasound.

I'm wondering if it's a bladder problem. Maybe I need a sling?
The pain is worse when my bladder starts getting full.
Unread 01-10-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
The gyn has a cancellation for Wednesday so I will see her at 1:30. I'm pretty sure nothing will show up on ultrasound.

I'm wondering if it's a bladder problem. Maybe I need a sling?
The pain is worse when my bladder starts getting full.
Barefoot, sounds completely like my situation, I did have a cat scan on December 29th and nothing abnormal. The pain is terrible and constant but when my bladder starts getting full I notice it gets worse.. My doctor never mentioned an ultrasound, Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register