Pros and cons of tummy tuck | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > Tummy Tuck Too

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pros and cons of tummy tuck Pros and cons of tummy tuck

Unread 05-11-2010, 04:56 PM
Pros and cons of tummy tuck

I have considered the tummy tuck as an option as I have the left-overs of having had children and I don't think there is anyway possible that I will be able to tighten or tone that much in that area now that I have had the LAVH. Any thoughts on this>
Pro's versus Con's on the tummy tuck?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2010, 04:06 PM
Re: Pros and cons of tummy tuck

Have you talked to your doctor about the specific pros and cons for you? Consulting a plastic surgeon or two might also be a good idea!

Unread 07-02-2010, 12:09 PM

I had TAH and TT on June 8th. Still swollen but can tell a heck of a difference already.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2010, 08:12 AM

TAH & TT - what are these abbreviations?
During my hysterectomy my gynae tightened my abdominal muscles to such an extend that I cannot do any crunches - it's impossible. But he did not take enough of the skin away,now i still have access skin - muffin top - what to do?
Unread 07-06-2010, 08:44 AM

Tah: TOTAL ABDOMINAL HYSTERECTOMY
tt- TUMMY TUCK
Unread 11-23-2010, 06:54 AM

Wow I was thinking of a tummy tuck but curious also what the effects might be. I have loose skin and a flatter belly, Willing to go the exercise route and happily but exercise will only do so much!
Unread 11-23-2010, 08:06 AM

I had a mini tummy tuck two years ago. I didn't know that I would have a hysterectomy at that time. I am 5' 6" and weighed 135# and also had that awful flap of skin that wouldn't go away with crunches. I had it removed and the doctor weighed it to be 5# of flab. The greatest reward was the tightening of the ab muscles. The least favorite part is a hip to hip scar and "dog ears" on my hips where he didn't remove enough skin or lipo. This is a common complaint after this surgery.

Unfortunately for me since then , I had acquired nasty dysplasia on my cervix that my body wasn't strong enough to fight off. I've had so many colposcopy, leep and cone procedures, and finally elected for the doc to remove it. He used the daVinci robot for the least amount of disrepair to my costly plastic surgery.

Good luck with your decision!
Unread 01-13-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geesha View Post
TAH & TT - what are these abbreviations?
During my hysterectomy my gynae tightened my abdominal muscles to such an extend that I cannot do any crunches - it's impossible. But he did not take enough of the skin away,now i still have access skin - muffin top - what to do?
It took 2 years after my extended TT before I could do crunches. Your core will be very weak for a good long while. It takes time and baby steps to get there but you will!!
Unread 01-13-2011, 05:13 PM

Oh for the record, I had 20# removed. I went in a size 14 and came out a size 10. My pannus was so large I had to wear larger clothes. I also had a breast reduction.
Unread 01-13-2011, 05:17 PM

I had a tummy tuck in 2005. It was incredibly painful/worse than the pain I experienced with my Davinci hysterectomy. However...that being said, it sure helped my self esteem. No amount of crunches or working out would have taken care of that deflated balloon tummy after having my three kids. It does give you a hip to hip incision, but if you are going under the knife anyway, I would highly recommend it! I can be comfortable with myself in a swimsuit (it covers the scar), and I feel better naked as well. Not for everyone, but I would do it again in a heartbeat! Good luck to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register