TAH In need of support :0( !!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

In need of support :0( !!! In need of support :0( !!!

Unread 07-26-2012, 06:58 PM
In need of support :0( !!!

Hey sisters, so I am 9 days post op with TAH ... Had a small bleeding complication which required a transfusion.. But other then that a textbook surgury.... I expected to feel tierd, sore ECt but not like this ... After my c-section I was driving taking stairs two days later.... I guess I just expected that even though it was a more extensive surgury that I would bounce back relatively quick maybe not two days like c-section but more like a week feel fine and just have those pesky restrictions! I'm sure I sound totally nieve but I was very aware of what the procedure entailed... I guess I just tricked myself into believing it wouldn't be that bad I'm really kinda depressed that everything hurts and pulls and that the whole BM thing is such a painful disaster.... I'm so worried that it's not going to get any better.... And I'll be stuck in this uncomfortable agony forever.... Maybe it's just my hormones... I kept both ovaries but think they are in shock as I have definately had some hot flashes.... Does anyone else feel this way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2012, 07:03 PM
Re: In need of support :0( !!!

Oh, Yes! I feel ya! It does get better though. I am now 5 weeks post op and am feeling back to 'normal' physically, actually better than since I was awful before. BM/stomach issues are only every once in a while. I do think that my ovaries were in shock after and was also blindsided by the rollercoaster of emotions. I am still struggling with headaches though and have decided to start on macca supplements to try and balance everything out.

Hang in there. The time goes fast when you least expect it. Hugs from BC
Unread 07-26-2012, 07:12 PM

I can totally relate about the underestimating things. Never had a c section, but had my gallbladder out and was back at work during county fair time in a week feeling ok. A week later, plus one day, and I went to a funeral visitation and feel like I just got out of the hospital tonight. Thought I too would be doing things and having to really think about behaving and no, my body tells me what not to do yet. In vivid detail sometime. I think it finally became clear that this was not an easy surgery when I went to this visitation tonight and multiple people kept telling me to sit down and should I really be there. Wished I had listened to the sit down suggestion as just about didn't make it. And I don't think mine is hormones as haven't had hot flashes and tried a last ditch effort Depo shot that is still in my system, of which I have a sensitivity to as had some bad reactions. So hormones on board for me. In my case, kept reading things here, but thought, oh that won't be me, I am young and am having an easier procedure so will be up and going early. Not to mention surgeon said could go back to "light" work in 10 days. It had better get better soon if that is even possible. Am a teacher and don't have to be back to work for a couple of weeks, but not something I would consider light either. Just standing all the time seems to be difficult.

So yeah, not alone. If you were naive, so am I. I just keep hoping will all be better next week. Yeah right
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldensrus View Post
I can totally relate about the underestimating things. Never had a c section, but had my gallbladder out and was back at work during county fair time in a week feeling ok. A week later, plus one day, and I went to a funeral visitation and feel like I just got out of the hospital tonight. Thought I too would be doing things and having to really think about behaving and no, my body tells me what not to do yet. In vivid detail sometime. I think it finally became clear that this was not an easy surgery when I went to this visitation tonight and multiple people kept telling me to sit down and should I really be there. Wished I had listened to the sit down suggestion as just about didn't make it. And I don't think mine is hormones as haven't had hot flashes and tried a last ditch effort Depo shot that is still in my system, of which I have a sensitivity to as had some bad reactions. So hormones on board for me. In my case, kept reading things here, but thought, oh that won't be me, I am young and am having an easier procedure so will be up and going early. Not to mention surgeon said could go back to "light" work in 10 days. It had better get better soon if that is even possible. Am a teacher and don't have to be back to work for a couple of weeks, but not something I would consider light either. Just standing all the time seems to be difficult.

So yeah, not alone. If you were naive, so am I. I just keep hoping will all be better next week. Yeah right
That's exactly it my sarcastic side is telling me if I tricked myself about the whole surgury .... Maybe I'm tricking myself about recovery! The sheer thought of even being able to go out for a coffee at two weeks post op sounds laughable ! And heck even a stroll around the block at three weeks post op seems like a strech! I can hardly get on and off the toilet ...... the highlight of my day is deciding what beverage I'll mix my miralax in !
Unread 07-26-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicgurl View Post
That's exactly it my sarcastic side is telling me if I tricked myself about the whole surgury .... Maybe I'm tricking myself about recovery! The sheer thought of even being able to go out for a coffee at two weeks post op sounds laughable ! And heck even a stroll around the block at three weeks post op seems like a strech! I can hardly get on and off the toilet ...... the highlight of my day is deciding what beverage I'll mix my miralax in !
LOL. It won't always be this way. I had my TAH 4 months ago and I can tell you that it does get better. You Will be able to take that walk around the block. :-) Just take it one day at a time. Take your time and try not to rush it. I know that's easier said than done, and some days are better than others, but it will get better.

Hang in there. Lots of ((HUGS)) to you!!
Unread 07-26-2012, 08:40 PM

I can relate. I had 3 c-sections and too thought it would be similar....but here I am at week 3 and I'm still sore and very tired! I also kept my ovaries and the first 2 weekd had a ton of hot flashes....they aren't as bad week 3. Thinking about going back to.work in 3 weeks worries me, I thought I'd feel way better now....its funny the things we get in our heads Hang in there <3
Unread 07-26-2012, 09:09 PM

Sounds like we are all in the same boat. This is nothing like my past surgeries. I have had c-sec, gallbladder, lipo and this sugary takes the prize! I have one good day and the next I'm dragging or in bed most of day. I thought as active as I am I could whip this quickly. NOT! That's ok I don't regret it I feel better over all and im so glad to get that huge uterus out. The road to recovery .. We can do this!!! Remember brighter days are just in sight
Unread 07-26-2012, 11:18 PM

It will get better. I'm 16 days post and feel like I could go on a walk and I did gonto breakfast yesterday. As long as you take it slow, you'll get there. As hard as it seems just don't rush it. One thing this site has taught me is you only get one chance to heal right. We are here for you.
Unread 07-27-2012, 01:02 AM

one day at a time is right, i
have been rushing it also and it has gotten me nothing but feeling a wreck! i had to go back to the dr yesterday and he said it takes about a year to recover
Unread 07-27-2012, 01:31 AM

At one week post op, I thought i would never be able to go for a walk. At three weeks post op, i thought there was no way i would be ready for work at 6 weeks. Now at 6 weeks, I feel fantastic. It creeps up on you, and once you turn that corner(for me it was week four) you do get better in leaps and bounds. Don't panic, just take it slow, slow, slow!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register