14 days post hysterectomy: Rectal pain anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

14 days post hysterectomy: Rectal pain anyone? 14 days post hysterectomy: Rectal pain anyone?

Unread 05-05-2014, 12:08 AM
14 days post hysterectomy: Rectal pain anyone?

I'm 14 days postop and today I've started having sharp shooting pains up my rectum (TMI sorry). I have no prob having bm and am not constipated. These pains are horrid. Short lived but OUCH! I did not have any rectal repairs but I do know my adheshions were attached to my bowel?
All input will be appreciated ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2014, 12:44 AM

Hi hun
I'm 4 weeks post op and I felt a tugging in that area too although not painful it was worrying. I also had adhesions attached to the bowel so maybe that's why we have felt that. I just rested after that.
You're pretty early post op too so keep taking your pain relief and rest it will all pass. Feeling positive for you.
Unread 05-05-2014, 12:51 AM
Re: Rectal pain anyone?

Oh ty Donna. Guess it just kind of scared me. Norco relieved it, I did also fall yesterday in my front room, my house is tiled so I've been worried to have ripped something. So frustrating, I've not had to take any Norco in a while but been uncomfortable all day from the fall. No bleeding! Perhaps being paranoid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2014, 05:31 AM
Re: 14 days post hysterectomy: Rectal pain anyone?

I too get twinges of pain there. Yesterday I had my first not painful bowel movement even though I have been regular.

I took had adhesions on my colon. Oh the things we have to deal with! Hang in there, it's gotta get better right!
Unread 05-05-2014, 08:09 AM

Thanks Steph! Hope your recovery is going well...hugs
Unread 05-05-2014, 08:27 AM
Re: Rectal pain anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyweitz74 View Post
Oh ty Donna. Guess it just kind of scared me. Norco relieved it, I did also fall yesterday in my front room, my house is tiled so I've been worried to have ripped something. So frustrating, I've not had to take any Norco in a while but been uncomfortable all day from the fall. No bleeding! Perhaps being paranoid.

Amy, I fell very hard on my bottom one week ago today and had no bleeding. I was very sore my bottom and my insides for 3-4 days. I stayed in bed for two days and now fingers crossed I am ok. It was very scary and if I had bleeding I would have called the doctor but as I said no bleeding. I had a+p repairs also so I was freaked but everything seems ok !
Unread 05-05-2014, 08:37 AM

Oh toddswim! You're really lucky especially knowing you had repairs. I'm glad to hear you're doing well. I'm just going to take it easy also. Thanks for your reply.
Unread 05-05-2014, 08:49 AM

I had hysterectomy all most a month ago I have really bad pressure and pain in my it feels like something going to come out of me I need help
Unread 08-12-2014, 06:22 PM

It will be 3 weeks this Friday since I had my abdominal procedure. I only had my uterus removed. I have this horrible pain in my back & my bottom. I have no idea what to do. I have regular bm but I'm not sure what this is. Please explain to me what's going on

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register