Hysterectomy surgery over | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy surgery over Hysterectomy surgery over

Unread 10-06-2015, 02:02 PM
Hysterectomy surgery over

hi everyone, Laying in bed here 2 hrs after surgery, little cramping heating pads helps eating ice chips very very dried mouth surgery was 4 hrs. Everything taken accept l ovary. I'll keep u posted. Not bad at, just preparing for surgery is hard.you can do this❤️thanks everyone I'll come in in a few
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2015, 02:27 PM
Re: Surgery over

Welcome to the other side!
Rest, rest, rest......
Hugs
Unread 10-06-2015, 03:42 PM
Re: Surgery over

Glad to hear you made it through surgery! You'll get through the recovery process too! Trust me! I didn't even get ice chips or a heating pad after my surgery. Pain meds were available via pump, but I never personally hit the button. My husband did once and the nurse did once before they took me off of it. I went home the same night. Just don't overdo your recovery - I did and it set me back a few weeks. I was feeling that good. Give yourself time to heal inside.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2015, 05:38 PM
Re: Hysterectomy surgery over

Glad to hear that you made it! Best wishes for a smooth recovery
Unread 10-06-2015, 05:49 PM

Welcome to the other side. Make sure you get plenty of rest and I wish you a smooth recovery.
Unread 10-06-2015, 06:17 PM

Hello everyone again. Just checking in letting u all know (upcoming surgeries) you have this! I felt the same way your feeling and they took Everthing and left one ovary. My surgery was 4 hrs long. Endometriosis (full) and scar tissue (lots) Listen to your doctors. As I'm laying here in bed 5 hrs later after my surgery, yes I am sore, but pain medicine helps and peppermint candies. Didn't get sick coming out of recovery because I constantly was asking my anthesiologist please have something for me before I wake up. Most anthesiologistd Do this protocol anyway but I just wanted to make sure it would be done. Communicatin..talk with the nurses, don't be afraid to tell them how your feeling. Anxiousness, nervousness. It so helps to get it out. amazingly I can say that it is not bad at all. I have my body pillow and resting sideways on bed pushing the pillow up to my belly Have an ice pack on my belly, and yes I'm prepared for tomorrow. A little bit more pain because the 2nd day is much soreness...who knows it may not I also have to start heparin (blood thinner) because I have factor 5 which is a blood clot disorder, I clot very easy yes I'm going to be sore but this is a good sore and the days to come a healing sore. A little bleeding down there (sorry for tmi) but overall, I am so thankful that I chose to do this. I do feel better YOU GOT THIS LADIES. I will write tomorrow but as for this special day Tuesday Oct. 6, 2015, i can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring and share it with my hystersisters and I can't wait to hear your stories. Sisters who have their surgeries today, great job. This week and princesses who are having upcoming surgeries...you have so much to look forward too. Wonderful beginnings. Sending big hugs and blessings.
Unread 10-06-2015, 06:22 PM

Wow that's great. I cant believe that you are up to posting here so quickly. Now rest a lot and don't over do.
Unread 10-06-2015, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wink42 View Post
Wow that's great. I cant believe that you are up to posting here so quickly. Now rest a lot and don't over do.
I can't believe it either. I wanted to walk even though it hurt because that gas was in my shoulder so I just walked it off. Thanks for replying
Unread 10-06-2015, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally15 View Post
Welcome to the other side. Make sure you get plenty of rest and I wish you a smooth recovery.
Thank u so much
Unread 10-06-2015, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeke320 View Post
I can't believe it either. I wanted to walk even though it hurt because that gas was in my shoulder so I just walked it off. Thanks for replying
Well, look at you, up and walking around and posting already! *grin* Even if you do hit a few bumps in the recovery road, nothing's ever going to be as bad as waiting for surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register