Frustrated beyond belief!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Frustrated beyond belief!!! Frustrated beyond belief!!!

Unread 11-14-2000, 06:13 AM
Frustrated beyond belief!!!

My surgery is 11/15 TAH and removing one ovary due to fibroids, heavy bleeding and cyst on ovary. I just turned 30 what a birthday present. I guess it could be a present since they will be taking my period away!!! But as I sit here today I feel like I will burst into tears. I had my pre-op yesterday (11/13), all went well, but when I got home we got a call saying that my mother and father in law will not be coming. They were supposed to be here TODAY!!!! 11/14 What notice!!! They were supposed to be here for a little over a week because my husband cannot take much time off of work. Now I feel like I am putting people out because I have to ask for there help and it is such short notice. My dh is trying to let me know that everything will be okay but sometimes that is hard to believe since they are not the one that will be out of commission for a while. I know that things could be worse but I guess that I just needed to talk to ladies that know what I am going through. I am not nervous about the surgery at all I am just worried about who will take care of my family. I have a 5 yr old and a 20 month old. I am trying to stay calm but insanity is closing in. Sorry ladies I just needed to VENT!!!

Good luck to the other 19 ladies that will be going in tomorrow. All of you will be in our thoughts and prayers!

Kelle
TAH with removal of 1 ovary 11/15
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2000, 07:23 AM

I can understand your worries, I am going in on the Thursday and am terrified about what my house is going to look like when I finally leave my room. I know it can be hard as a woman to ask others to help out what you feel is your responsibilty, but think about it as you being your bestfriend in the world who would is going through the same thing. Would you not pitch in without a second thought. I am sure that things will work out for you and your family and if things get out of hand and you want to get up and start overdoing things, think about the damage you can do to your recovery and how much longer it will be to heal. My thoughts are with you and this is the best place to vent!! We have all done it here and it helps me alot! HUGS
Unread 11-14-2000, 07:39 AM

Hi Kelle,

Merie is right! I know myself how humbling it is to ask friends for help, and to take them up on their offers. It is humbling, but that never killed anyone! After the first few days, my DH returned to work, and I had young boys at home.

Actually, a lovely surprise was finding out how happy it made my friends to help me! You will find this out, too.

Your friends will realize that it is not your fault that your in-laws cancelled out on short notice, and they will WANT to be there for you! This is truly a time where you need to take the best care of yourself possible, so bite the bullet and do what you must...it's all going to work out!

My very best to you...

Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2000, 08:35 AM

Dear Kelle,

When someone says: *let me know if I can help*, ask them to bring dinner, or vacuum or take the kids for a couple of hours.

Your household will survive with dirty towels, dust bunnies & PBJ sandwiches... Just take care of YOU

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register