dVH/RALH Pain driving me crazy since day 11, now day 29 post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pain driving me crazy since day 11, now day 29 post op Pain driving me crazy since day 11, now day 29 post op

Unread 12-29-2012, 09:29 PM
Pain driving me crazy since day 11, now day 29 post op

I'm beside myself with pain and there seems no end in sight. I last posted about this pain and went to the ER on day 16. CT scan showed nothing abnormal and they discharged me with Percocet and Miralax.
Well, the Percocet put a hurting on my intestines...constipation and horrible gas pains! I discovered that anise seed tea is great for getting the gas out, but is not good if you are on Coumadin (it skyrocketed my INR).
Anyway, after the horrible gas pains dissipated, I was again able to feel my lower abdominal pain...specifically it feels like the vaginal cuff area. Prior to the gas pain and constipation, I didn't have any pain urinating or defecating, but now, that is pure torture. I saw my Dr on day 24 and screamed when she examined me. She thought that my pain might be caused by muscle spasms and inflammation and prescribed Flexeril and Neurotin.
There has been no change in my pain since taking these meds. I can't sleep much at night because of the pain and I don't know what to do. I convinced the folks at my anti-coag clinic to let me take Ibuprofen. So far that has taken the edge off a little bit, but the core pain is still present.
Could this pain be caused by adhesions? I suspect that because it started on day 11. I was fine immediately post op.
I want my uterus back and I'll put up with the monthly hemorrhaging if I can get rid of this pain!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2012, 08:02 AM
Re: Pain driving me crazy since day 11, now day 29 post op

Tuthdoc,

I am sorry to hear you are in so much pain. If it were me I would try to find another doctor and get a second opinion on the cause of the pain. I hope you can find some relief soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register