going out of my mind | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

going out of my mind going out of my mind

Unread 10-25-2004, 06:09 AM
going out of my mind

hi sisters

i think i'm losing my marbles, i'm still waiting for the date of my surgury,i had to wait till i'd been seen by this psychiatrist,(to check my mental state i presume)that was over 2 weeks ago,she tried to convince me that the pain was proberlly being made worse by the mussle strain around my abdomen,i told her that i wanted this op and she said she'd get in touch with my gynae. i've no idea what she has said to him and i'm starting to convince myself that she'll be telling him i'm not mentally strong enough or my at home support isn't good enough for me to go ahead with the op,she said i'd hear as soon as pos but its driving me mad, i wish they would send the appointment card then at least i can start to perpare but i have a funny feeling that i will be in over xmas and even tho that doesn't really bother me getting everything ready not knowing if i will be at home is making the situation worse, the pains just as bad as ever and sleeping is becomeing a rareity, my support at home could be better but i'm happy that it will get better after the op,i just feel like she thought i'd made it all up and if i don't hear anything soon i'll forget about it and everything will get back to normal but it won't, i've no way of contacting my gynae except going though my doctor and that means arranging appointments with my gp and waiting weeks to see my gynae, it is totaly barmy i'm beginning to think it could be in my head,

soz for babbling on having a off day

elaine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2004, 07:22 AM
going out of my mind

((( Elaine )))

I'm sorry that you're having such a hard time and having to wait and wait for an answer. I'm sure that the wait is making you worry even more

Maybe you should call the dr and see if you can learn something? It could remind her that you're waiting to hear what's happening and haven't forgotten about it.

I'm sending you tons of good wishes, please let us know what you learn. I hope that all gets better for you SOON !.

s
Unread 10-25-2004, 08:28 AM
going out of my mind

Nothing is worse than the wait. Believe me, I am in that same boat.

I agree with Jeanus on giving your doc a call to just remind them you are waiting on an answer. It can't hurt anything.

I hope you get an answer soon so you can get some relief.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-28-2004, 08:59 AM
got a date

thanx sisters

i did call my dr and was given a preliminary date 14 dec, omg a week before xmas! well at least i should be home for xmas its such a relief to know, but having said that i've not slept that well and i'm starting to get nervous. it has to be confirmed but i don't think there will be a problem,

just got to start collecting together the things i'll need to take with me,and giving instuctions to DH for cooking the xmas dinner

take care everyone
my thoughts are with you

elaine
Unread 10-28-2004, 09:45 AM
Understand

Hi aliene
I can understand the feeling, I have been there, the wait seems like forever, but it will come in the right time. My appointment came when I thought I would give up.
So hold on, try to be positive the time will help the at home support to get better as you now have more time to coach them.
Give your doctr a call as a reminder, they sometimes forget us.
Best Wishes

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register