Bleeding after 8 months? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bleeding after 8 months? Bleeding after 8 months?

Unread 05-29-2005, 09:53 AM
Bleeding after 8 months?

I had a total vaginal hysterectomy 8 months ago (kept ovaries), and after about 6 weeks I have had no bleeding at all. Not even when my DH and I started having intercourse again.

He has been gone (teaching overseas) since mid-April (this is our routine every year), so I know it doesn't have anything to do with intercourse, but I am having fresh bleeding this morning.

I put in a tampon, and it looks like the bleeding is from one spot. Oddly enough, I am also having a hormone headache today, which I don't have very often any more (I am 50 and probably getting well into menopause).

Any ideas about what this might be? I'll call my Dr. on Tuesday.

Thanks!

Jan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2005, 11:25 AM
Bleeding after 8 months?

Hi Jan I know you kept your ovaries, but the mention of a hormonal headache is a tip off for me... might you have some trouble with vaginal dryness? Have you had the sensation like you might be getting a yeast infection, though you don't have one? Low estrogen levels (as when the ovaries start to slow down) often cause vaginal dryness even before the night sweats and hot flashes start. You might be able to just use some vaginal estrogen to take care of this until you start having more menopausal symptoms. Here's a link to info about vaginal dryness:

vaginal dryness

Of course, other things can cause vaginal bleeding, too, so I'm glad you're going to see your DR. Let us know what you find out, OK?

s,
-Linda
Unread 05-29-2005, 08:27 PM
Bleeding after 8 months?

Thanks, Linda! Yes, I have had vaginal dryness, and I was having LOTS of hot flashes and night sweats until about a month ago, but it much better now.

I think I am getting pretty close to being through menopause, but you are right - I think there is definitely some hormone activity going on this weekend! :-)

The spotting seems to have stopped now, but I do plan to call the Dr. anyway.

I'll post an update after I talk to the Dr. next week.

Have a great Memorial Day!

Jan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2005, 01:32 PM
Bleeding after 8 months?

Okay- went to the Dr. yesterday, and it was a tiny spot of granular scar tissue that was causing the problem.

He cauterized the spot with silver nitrate. That was pretty uncomfortable for a minute or so, but it seems to be all better now.

Thanks, Linda!

Jan
Unread 06-01-2005, 02:43 PM
Bleeding after 8 months?

(((Jan))) I'm glad the DR was able to take care of the problem. Hopefully all will be well now!
s,
-Linda
Unread 06-01-2005, 06:39 PM
Bleeding after 8 months?

hey fellow hyster sister, the same thing happened to me, I had my vaginal hyst on 9/20 and two months ago started bleeding, my check up revealed some grainey tissue, the dr said it looked like some of my stitches didn't heal correctly. she did the same thing to me, wow, that cauterizing isn't any fun. But the bleeding stopped. glad to hear I am not alone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register