3 months down the line | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 months down the line 3 months down the line

Unread 12-16-2005, 08:21 AM
3 months down the line

Hi,
I have not posted up here for some time as Im still very upset about the way my surgery went TVH which went wrong followed by TAH as they forgot to tie of an artary and I had to have 5 units of blood 90% renal failure etc etc.

Now Im still suffering from a very painful tum which hurts day and night hot flushes, insomnia irritability, depression the list goes on but according to my gynie my bloods and hormones are okay.

I'm really at a loss I wish I could turnround and say yup Im making it all up and its all my warped imagination but it isnt its the middle of winter Im sitting here in a sun dress with the doors open and the air con on cold whilst everyone else whears jumpers!

I do dont feel confident to go out alone which is crazy as I love being out even Christmas I used ot love it now I wish it was over with. All I want is to feel vaguely normal Im not usually a whingy whiner. But three monthes on I expected to feel more like my old self and be back at work I really dont know what to do.

The Docs have me on BP tabs, strong pain meds, sleeping tabs and anti depressants I wish to god I didnt have ot take any of these. Somtimes it makes me wonder if it was worth it as I feel I have no quality of life anymore.

Sorry to be down but I just had to try and explain whats happened to me and pray that it does not happen to anyone else. But if you have had a similar experience I would love to know as I just dont understand this at all.

Love and hugs Lynne xxxxxxxxxxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2005, 08:45 AM
3 months down the line

Nightwing I'm so sorry you're going through all this! Many of us have had your challenges in some way, shape of form, so please don't feel you're all alone in this. The setbacks from your surgery may have extended your recovery period so it may be best not to measure your progress against someone who didn't have those issues.

Keep following up with your doctor and if you can't get satisfaction, try to find another who'll be more supportive to you.

Best wishes for a happy Christmas and healthy future.
Unread 12-16-2005, 09:50 AM
3 months down the line

Sorry to hear you've had such a bad time of it but you have been through a lot and it will take time for you to heal properly in all ways. It was quite a shock to your system and will take a while for everything to calm down I think. Hopefully things can only get better, wish you all the best.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register