I just want to cry | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I just want to cry I just want to cry

Unread 03-02-2016, 06:38 AM
I just want to cry

Sooooooo
I can't sleep at night the other night I was up from 2-6am I call my doctor because I was having horrible heartburn which is getting better. I'm also having hot flashes my House is 53 degrees everyone is freezing but me so I call doctor again and the nurse say I shouldn't be having hot flashes because I kept one of my ovaries. Any idea why in the world I'm so hot ? Then I feel miserable because I can't do much I have 4 kids and I feel like I can be much blessing to them can't do laundry or clean the floors and that frustrates me, I miss their honor roll assembly, orchestra concerts so I'm extremely emotional. Another thing is noise bothers me anyone else had that problem ? Ohhh gosh when all the girls are talking, singing and fighting at the same time I can't handle it like I use to. My husband thinks I'm super woman so he really doesn't have a clue about this surgery I send him info and I send him videos but I don't think he read or watch any of it because he is looking at me like ok it's been a week !!! can you help me out !!! So he doesn't seem to understand or been attentive to me feeling like crap. I don't have support from family I'm a navy wife the learn how to survive alone with the kids so now everyone think this is just another moment of those so I don't get help from family. I love this website it help me to prepare well pre op and I'm thankful I have learn from everyone. Sorry for venting but if I vent to my husband he won't understand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2016, 08:40 AM
Re: I just want to cry

It's ok to vent here! And what you are feeling is very normal. You've had major surgery, your body has been through a trauma and it can be overwhelming on many levels.

First, it's important for your husband/kids/family to understand that you did have major surgery and it will take weeks for you to recover. I'm not sure what type of hysterectomy you had, but did your surgeon discuss your recovery time with you? The general recovery time for hysterectomy is 6 weeks. That means 6 weeks of restrictions on lifting, housework, and sex. I had a normal recovery but my restrictions weren't lifted until I was at 8 weeks.

What many doctors don't mention to us is that even if you keep your ovaries, you may experience hormonal fluctuations post op. Often the trauma of surgery will leave us with "sleepy ovaries" and women may experience hot flashes, heightened emotions and increased weepiness. Here are some articles with more information:

Sleeping Ovaries?
6 Tips for Coping with Emotions

I cried a lot post op and had some emotional outbursts that are very unusual for me. The good news is that it's very likely temporary... I felt my emotions level out at about 6 weeks and I knew my ovaries were working properly again.

Insomnia is also common after major surgery. I just went with it and got my sleep whenever it came to me. If possible,nap during the day as your body needs rest in order to heal.

Insomnia

Since you are a Navy wife, there may resources available to help you. There should be Ladies' groups, church groups etc. I'm sure if the other ladies knew you were recovering from surgery you will receive offers of help with driving the kids, providing meals, or help with housework. It's important that you follow your post op restrictions in order to heal properly. Most women have lifting restrictions of nothing heavier than a jug of milk, no vacuuming, etc. Check with your surgeon's office if you are unsure of what your restrictions are.

What's Allowed After Hysterectomy?

I also suggest you join in with your Post Op Recovery Thread. This is a great place to share your progress and recover with women who had surgery the same week as you. You will find that you are not alone and what you are going through is normal.

Feb 22-28 Recovery Thread

Sweetie, you will get through this! Rest, drink lots of water, eat well and follow those restrictions. Give yourself permission to feel unwell and emotional, and know that it's temporary. Sending you big hugs.

Unread 03-02-2016, 10:55 AM
I just want to cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godblessings View Post
Sooooooo
I can't sleep at night the other night I was up from 2-6am I call my doctor because I was having horrible heartburn which is getting better. I'm also having hot flashes my House is 53 degrees everyone is...
Hey,
I am four weeks post op. I'm a single mom with one kid and I live with my mom. So, my situation is very different, but I know that frustration. I sometimes wish I didn't feel good at all so that I couldn't over do it.
I just realized that my child will probably not be able to have a birthday party because I can't physically prepare for one.
The house is beyond disgusting, but thankfully, no one is giving me static about it.

I hate that I can do so little. You aren't alone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2016, 11:47 AM

Think the emotional rollercoaster is something each of us are or will be dealing with. Is rough, but know you ARE on the road of recovery. The worst is behind you, but you do still have weeks and weeks of healing (as I keep reminding myself).

Are there any other military wives you could reach out too? Even if only a phone call, think it would be helpful for you to have someone close you could talk too. Men don't understand, try as they may and only other women can understand what your body has been through.
All of us here are going to experience it or have just experienced it, so please do continue to reach out here when you need it.

Hugs to you and prayers for strength as you recover and also get the support you need.
Unread 03-02-2016, 01:24 PM

I am 2 weeks post op today. Full hysterectomy, left both ovaries. I had fibroids and was tired of pain and bleeding that i was very ready to have my hysterectomy. I did lots of research, watched lots of videos, even watched hysterectomies be performed on youtube to try and be prepared for what was to come. Recovery has been harder and slower than i anticipated.
I have 5 kids ages 2-9. My husband takes care of things...ummm....differently than I do. We are survivng, and I am able to get the rest I need as long as I accept that things aren't going to be done the way I want them to be done. Yesterday was my 1st day feeling well enough to do anything so i cleaned up my nightstand area. It was a tiny job, no bending, no lifting mostly just throwing away garbage and putting dishes in the sink. It wore me out and even today I am exhausted. As I look around at the rest of the house I just start crying. So much mess and i can't clean it......
My husband takes the kids to their grandmas so I can rest-which I am sooo grateful for!- but I am missing my kids so much! So I cry about that.
My grandmother also passed away last week and we were close and I can't attend her funeral or be around family because they're in another state and there's no way I could travel right now! So I cry about that
I also have been having outbursts that dont make any sense-last night I got upset with my husband and this morning my husband refered to me as "going cazy last night". In other words, I just am not myself, and yes my hormones are clearly going through some wacky thing.
I keep spotting, which I talked with my Dr about and he said that's normal even up to 8 weeks or so post op. I keep telling myself it's normal, but it's frustrating. I just want to heal already aaahhhh!
Sorry, I really needed to vent
Unread 03-02-2016, 02:50 PM
I just want to cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mscrystal View Post
I am 2 weeks post op today. Full hysterectomy, left both ovaries. I had fibroids and was tired of pain and bleeding that i was very ready to have my hysterectomy. I did lots of research, watched lots of videos, even watched hysterectomies be performed on youtube to try and be prepared for what was to come. Recovery has been harder and slower than i anticipated.
I have 5 kids ages 2-9. My husband takes care of things...ummm....differently than I do. We are survivng, and I am able to get the rest I need as long as I accept that things aren't going to be done the way I want them to be done. Yesterday was my 1st day feeling well enough to do anything so i cleaned up my nightstand area. It was a tiny job, no bending, no lifting mostly just throwing away garbage and putting dishes in the sink. It wore me out and even today I am exhausted. As I look around at the rest of the house I just start crying. So much mess and i can't clean it......
My husband takes the kids to their grandmas so I can rest-which I am sooo grateful for!- but I am missing my kids so much! So I cry about that.
My grandmother also passed away last week and we were close and I can't attend her funeral or be around family because they're in another state and there's no way I could travel right now! So I cry about that
I also have been having outbursts that dont make any sense-last night I got upset with my husband and this morning my husband refered to me as "going cazy last night". In other words, I just am not myself, and yes my hormones are clearly going through some wacky thing.
I keep spotting, which I talked with my Dr about and he said that's normal even up to 8 weeks or so post op. I keep telling myself it's normal, but it's frustrating. I just want to heal already aaahhhh!
Sorry, I really needed to vent
It's great to know I'm not the only one going thru this. I think other people they haven't had a total hysterectomy don't know how it feels and that's why the expect us to be already running around. My friends will call and say you still in bed ??? I'm like no I went to the gym Costco, target did some laundry and now I'm cleaning the floors lol and they are like your kidding ??? Yesss of course I'm in bed !!!! The ripped my inside out literally and I got stichest holding my gut together lol Today I spoke to my husband and I explain how difficult this was for me I haven't miss a honor roll assembly I haven't miss an orchestra concert I always been able to take care of my kids by myself in the good and the bad times I Deliver my daughter with the rest of my girls in the hospital because my husband was deployed so I know how my family can take this as I know u can do this and expect for me to be up and going so I explain to my kids also about this surgery and the changes of my body and my emotions and the hot flashes to see if they take it as serious as it is I have older girls 9,10,13,15 but they are use to me been their taxi and they are involve in a lot of things the my husband isn't use to run around with them. I also spoke to my husband and I was open about how I feel and now I think something click on his brain they are men so they don't think pink like we do. I'm really sorry about your grandma I know how hard can be to miss something so important but I'm sure she is happy knowing the you are healthier after this surgery. I'll be praying for you & your family for God to give you comfort and the His love will be with you. Please you can always write back if you need someone to talk. This website is great it help me to prepare before the surgery and something I wasn't prepare was the emotional part and that's why we are hystersisters
I hope today is a better day !!!!
Unread 03-02-2016, 04:03 PM
I just want to cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blot View Post
Hey,
I am four weeks post op. I'm a single mom with one kid and I live with my mom. So, my situation is very different, but I know that frustration. I sometimes wish I didn't feel good at all so that I couldn't over do it.
I just realized that my child will probably not be able to have a birthday party because I can't physically prepare for one.
The house is beyond disgusting, but thankfully, no one is giving me static about it.

I hate that I can do so little. You aren't alone!
Hi
Yes I had overwork myself a soon as I feel a little better I start going around my house going crazy. Working on my emotion part today trying to explain my girls and husband this is not an easy thing and about the birthday I'm sorry to hear that maybe u can do a late birthday party , I remember when I had my other surgery were they found I had the first stages of cancer I miss my daughter prom I couldn't take her to do her hair or help her to get dress but a friend of mine step in and help me out it was heart breaking but she understood I couldn't change the day again. It's nice you have your mom I grew up without a mom so that piece is missing in my life. The house goshhh my house the girls are doing the best they can I'm OCD so I think God is teaching me the I need to calm down and not get aggravated for little things. I deep clean before surgery like Obama was coming lol but now I just see things and I'm like ahhhhhhhh I wish I could clean my husband is like take a break and take a pill lay down that's his favorite words for everything !!!! I hope things get better as we heal !!!
Have a bless day !
Unread 03-10-2016, 10:00 PM
I just want to cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godblessings View Post
It's great to know I'm not the only one going thru this. I think other people they haven't had a total hysterectomy don't know how it feels and that's why the expect us to be already running around. My friends will call and say you still in bed ??? I'm like no I went to the gym Costco, target did some laundry and now I'm cleaning the floors lol and they are like your kidding ??? Yesss of course I'm in bed !!!! The ripped my inside out literally and I got stichest holding my gut together lol Today I spoke to my husband and I explain how difficult this was for me I haven't miss a honor roll assembly I haven't miss an orchestra concert I always been able to take care of my kids by myself in the good and the bad times I Deliver my daughter with the rest of my girls in the hospital because my husband was deployed so I know how my family can take this as I know u can do this and expect for me to be up and going so I explain to my kids also about this surgery and the changes of my body and my emotions and the hot flashes to see if they take it as serious as it is I have older girls 9,10,13,15 but they are use to me been their taxi and they are involve in a lot of things the my husband isn't use to run around with them. I also spoke to my husband and I was open about how I feel and now I think something click on his brain they are men so they don't think pink like we do. I'm really sorry about your grandma I know how hard can be to miss something so important but I'm sure she is happy knowing the you are healthier after this surgery. I'll be praying for you & your family for God to give you comfort and the His love will be with you. Please you can always write back if you need someone to talk. This website is great it help me to prepare before the surgery and something I wasn't prepare was the emotional part and that's why we are hystersisters
I hope today is a better day !!!!
Thank you. I am now 3 weeks post op and am feeling so much better. I was able to find peace with losing my grandmother and I know she understands. I also believe she is an angel watching over me.
I had enough energy to keep my kids at home a few days this week-of course I lay in bed and kind of direct them from there, and they all understand mommy's tired and needs their help.
I am able to do the dishes now. My house is still a total bomb, but i dont feel quite as overwhelmed by it this last week. I am off pain medicine now and my pain is gone- thank goodness!! And I rest rest rest as much as I can. I've had so many people tell me that they tried to do too much too fast and it set them back in recovery, so I'm trying so hard to progress my activities slowly.
Happy healing
Unread 03-11-2016, 12:12 AM

It is your hormones because I went through menopausal symptoms for a while after my hysterectomy (hot flashes/agitation/anxiety/insomnia) and it took several cycles for my body to level out and my ovaries to "wake up" as they say. Thankfully I can say they did eventually wake up and things are better now and instead of hot flashes, I developed Raynaud's and have cold hands and feet now LOL! I also still have insomnia at certain times during my cycle, which is hard to keep track of seeing how I don't have a period anymore but I tracked it and realized certain things happened at certain times of the cycle. Take it very easy and REST for at least 6 weeks because there are many women that didn't and they ended up opening up and back in the surgery room and starting this thing all over again. I over-rested because I was determined, I wasn't having a do-over, I was getting it right the first time! I let things go and just made do and so did my family and you know what - we survived and now I'm like super woman.

So hang in there and go ahead and cry!! This too shall pass!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register