in the same boat | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

in the same boat in the same boat

Unread 01-29-2001, 06:45 PM
in the same boat

Hi Cbreeze, I, too have a husband with a disabilty-he is a quadraplegic due to a surfing accident. I am having a TAH/BSO on 2/14 and we have ben having a time finding people to "fill in" while I recoop. Have a 15 yo son who will be some hhelp, but you know the wonderful teen years!!! Our families are out of state! There seem to be some people at the university where he teaches that will help. I will do the best I can to take care of me so I heal fast!!! Good luck, keep posting, there is alot of help right here! Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2001, 07:47 PM
in the same boat

Debbie, saw your post and just wanted to say "HI".. Hope all goes well with your upcoming trip to the "castle".. I empathesize with you regarding the care of your DH. It's not easy to recoup, when you're the one everyone "counts" on for their care. Is it possible for you to get some help from an agency? Someone like a nurses' aide, that could come in , and at least get your DH, up and ready for the day? It might just be worth a try.. Just remember not to push yourself too soon.. Hope that you have a safe and speedy trip. Please keep us posted on how you're doing!Roz
Unread 01-30-2001, 05:39 AM
in the same boat

Hi Roz, so nice to hear from you-have seen your nane many times here! Thanks for your support! Actually, things are slowly coming together for DH- he is more worried about who will take care of me! You know, lunch, etc. Am planning to keep a few things in a cooler in my rom that I can crab and he got one of those bedside hospital tables for me so I can keep all the things I need close by. Just like almost everyone else, I believe waiting is the hardest part. Am looking forward to a new pain free life! Thanks again, Debbie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register