Warning: Don't ignore your "swelly belly" if awhile out! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Warning:  Don't ignore your "swelly belly" if awhile out! Warning: Don't ignore your "swelly belly" if awhile out!

Unread 02-24-2006, 12:06 AM
Warning: Don't ignore your "swelly belly" if awhile out!

I went back to work on 1/23 and started back on the floor 1/25. I'd notice that by the end of my shift, I'd have the "swelly belly" back, but it was just uncomfortable and would go away by the next day.

Starting 2/2, my abdomen/pelvis would be so huge by the end of my shift that it was horribly uncomfortable. By the end of my 3rd night in a row (most i work in a row), I could barely walk and I knew I was waddling. I also started to have some sharp pains here and there and would also leak a little urine when the swelly got bad. I was doing my Kegels faithfully w/o relief.

I just dealt with it, because after reading here from other ladies, it was NORMAL to have swelling, esp when you're on your feet for a long time. Figured it was just temporary. I also have nerve damage from my hyst.

Last Wednesday, I barely made it through my shift. The pain and pressure was horrible. I called my doc on Friday but was unable to reconnect with his nurse that day. I called in to work Friday night. I tried to go Saturday night and left after 2.5 hrs. I had my dh take me to the ER. They gave me more Fentanyl (which didn't really help) and did a ct. The doc told me my right ovary was enlarged, but said nothing else. Not to follow up with my doc or anything. ok.........

Monday morning my Gyn's RN called me. She said he wanted to see me this Friday (only day he is there). I had a pain clinic appt Monday also. I had my Pain doc bring up the scan and see if he could compare the ovary size to the last scan I had last month. He brought it up and questioned what the ER doc told me. He said, "Are you sure he was looking at the right report?" I knew it was bad.

I have a mass/lesion on my right ovary and possibly a torsion (twisting), too. It was right there on the ct report that the ER doc HAD IN HIS HANDS THAT NIGHT!! OT~but I did file a grievance against the MD and told the hospital that I had better not see a bill for this. I'm tired of paying out the wazoo for crappy healthcare. What would have happened had my pain doc NOT brought that up? Scary.

I had an ultrasound (pain doc ordered it for me)Thursday afternoon, and I'm going in to see my Gyn at 4 today. The u/s was the worst I've ever had. I'm still in excruciating pain from it. My GYN has NO idea I had the scan over the weekend OR the ultrasound yesterday. He was still very concerned just with the symptoms.

After researching ovarian masses, I had all the signs. I just didn't know what they were.

I'm posting this in the hopes that someone will read this and seek help before it's too late.

Some of my other symptoms: horrible "swelly belly", need to urinate every hour or will leak, feelings of everything "falling out", tons of pressure, painful orgasm, inability to have intercourse, sharp, achy midline pain that increases with the "swelly belly", pain with urination from lack of support, acne, nausea, lower back pain and extreme fatigue.

I know it's a long list but you don't need to have any of these and still have problems. Heck, I just had my hyst in November and have pics of my beautiful perfect ovaries! My scans and ultrasounds in December and January were clean. The lesion is large for so soon. I'm so very scared.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you have "swelly belly" that doesn't want to go away or have pain with it, please get checked out!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2006, 12:33 AM

Oh my goodness you poor thing, thank you for warning all of us some months out too. Please let us know how you get on later today. I'll be thinking of you.
Unread 02-24-2006, 01:33 AM

I understand how you feel, I had my hyst because of the same problem with my right ovary and I was like that for 2 years. They miss diagnosed me with and extended blatter and had to go through all kinds of blatter cancer testing. Of course that came back negative and I just let it go and figured it was a kick back from my back surgery and nerve damage from the back injury. Until I felt a huge mass in my stomach and it just got too painfull to ignore. The good new is that you are young enought that it most likely isn't cancer. Ovarian cyst can grow rapidly and very large. I feel so much better now that it is all gone. No more back pain, heartburn, nausia, leg and hip pain, peeing every time I turned around, peeing if I sneezed (even if I just went)or coughed, no more shortness of breath. My cyst went from my pelvic bone up past my belly button and had ran out of room in my pelvis and had moved up in to my abdomin. Try not to worry too much (I know I did). I hope they get that removed quickly for you so you can feel better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2006, 06:51 AM

Christy, my prayers are with you.
Thank you for posting this and reminding us we need to listen to our bodies and to follow up with our own DR's after visiting the ER.
Hope you are well soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register