addicted - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-23-2003, 03:14 PM
Womble

Hi womble I just ask my Gyn yesterday about that because I am waiting for surgery also a total hysterectomy and ovaries out. She said the surgery itself doing it vaginal would be 2-3 hours and if you have it done the tummy way it would take about 3-4 hours. So I would say you would be out for a couple of hours do to the anth. I have been through five times and every surgery varies. But needless to say I don't care home many times I have been through surgery I am always afraid and scared. You need to ask your dr. questions if you have concerns that is what I did and wrote them all down and ask each one that you are worried about. I did yesterday and it sure eased my mind alot. You take care Bernie4177
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2003, 03:39 PM
addicted

Hi Womble

I just wanted to say that I am a Hystersisteraholic. Yes this place is very addictive, but it is a good kind of addiction.

My surgery lasted 3 hours. I was on the Morphine PCA Pump for around 36 hours after that.

Take Care
Unread 01-23-2003, 03:52 PM
Womble

Thanks Tina for bringing it to my attention about the morphine pump. As I need to write that down and bring it to my Dr.'s attention even though the new GYN I have, she said yesterday that she is not one to give pain meds. out. My husband was with me yesterday as it is his vacation week and has been very supportive. After leaving the office he said he was concerned about me going into surgery as she is the type that is a natural path and is one not to give out pain meds. I had one of the best known GYn for years but do to them not handling the kind of insurance we carry they had to send me to another GYN. So I have been searching, scared and cried many times. As I had my full confident with my old GYN in having him for my Dr. for 11 years. I have read alot of messages that you women have been on the morphine pumps after the surgery. So thanks for bringing it to my attention to address this new GYN as I have been concerned with the issue as there is no one else to see but her being in a town the size we are in. Did you have a vaginal or the tummy surgery? Just asking so to know what to ask my Dr. thanks again Bernie4177
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2003, 04:05 PM
addicted

Hi my name is Kathy
I am a hystersisteraholic
I have abandoned my family and friends
I find myself sneaking online for just one more post.
I don't know how to stop
Please help me

Unread 01-23-2003, 04:12 PM
KathjinJ

I like you are doing the same thing. But it is a good thing Kathjin as we are the ones that are going through the trial and waiting for surgery. There is nothing wrong with encouraging and uplifting each other in a time of need. I know that all of you have been there for me preparing for and after surgery. It is a scary time. I am still waiting for surgery and will not know when she will set a date do to a new GYN plus getting someone to do it that can take my insurance and the list goes on so it is frustrating. So I will be glad when I can get this done and get on with life. But I wait on living in pain on a daily bases. I don't know what I would have done with all the encouragement I have had from all my hystersisters I say thank you to you all for everything. So don't think anything is wrong with making friends with people that are going through the same thing. Bernie4177
Unread 01-23-2003, 05:29 PM
addicted

Hi Bernie

I had a LAVH, with 3 little incisions just below my belly button, and the uterus & cervix came out through the vagina. I kept both of my ovaries. Which type of Hyster are you having???
After I was off the morphine pump, I was then put on vicodin. It is a good form of pain management.
I would definitely talk to your Doctor about pain meds. With all of the modern medicine we have now, there is no reason why you shouldn't get the perfect pain medicine for you.

Take Care
Unread 01-23-2003, 08:06 PM
morphine

In my own personal experience, morphone wasnt for me. I think ppl think its sooooo wonderful just because its illegal, but really all iut did was make me incredibly nauseous and make the room spin. I hated it. I woke up from pain meds in terrible pain and asked why they hadnt given me anything, the nurse said they had given me morphine three times. I said well stop it's not working! Nubain or percodan (or was it percocet??) worked better for me.

I havent had my hyst yet, this is just my experience with an abdominal surgery to remove a large cyst and part of an ovary, and then a csection.

Good luck,
Becca
Unread 01-23-2003, 08:40 PM
TinaH

Hi it sounds like you have been through surgery already. I am glad for that as now you can just mend. I don't know what it is called medically all the letters and what they mean. All I do know is that the GYN wants to take it out like yours and if I run into any complications with my blood pressure they may have to make a incision through the stomach part. So I will see what happens. Thanks for the advice on the medicine as I will talk too her about the morphine pump. I was on one when I had more other surgeries but with her not believing in meds. I worry about that. I am sure they will give me something for after surgery I just want to be comfortable. So I wrote that down on what you said and plan to ask her on my next appt. What would I do without my hystersisters taking good of me. Bernie4177

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register