Anyone experience non stop bleeding for years - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone experience non stop bleeding for years Anyone experience non stop bleeding for years

Unread 02-09-2014, 05:13 PM
Re: Anyone experience non stop bleeding for years

The biopsy is not that bad. I took 800 mg motrin before mine and it was not uncomfortable at all, just a little cramping that was gone by the time I got to sit back up. I had a second biopsy a couple of months later (because they found hyperplasia) and I fainted during that one, but I was severely anemic at the time and the doctor said that was probably why I fainted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2014, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divasprinkles View Post
They took blood to run tests but I don't really know what for - hormones and levels of something else.... And yes they will be scheduling an ultrasound too they said.

You are being medicated before your biopsy? they told me to take motrin - like thats gonna help, lol
My suggestion is to call the nurse and ask for either hydrocodone/lortab or valium. The doc didn't want to give me anything, but I pointed out that in 15 years, the only narcotic pain reliever I ever took was for four days right after childbirth.

They probably did do a CA 125 along with the hormone tests.

OP, sorry if I hijacked your thread.
Unread 02-10-2014, 04:59 AM

Oh good luck ladies.All I know is aside from some discomfort now from the op two weeks ago I am feeling fabulous on the inside. I had many adhesions and a fibroid. The bleeding was getting me down more than I realised. A few spots of blood in the first few days then nothing!!! Not even a discharge. I was getting bloating, gas pain, alternating constipation and the runs. I am still waiting on pathology but I am feeling so much better. Uterus was enlarged as well. I did not realise how bad I was feeling until now as I feel so much better. I hope this is the case for you all if you go ahead with hysterectomy. Just feel a weight is off my shoulders as I was so worried that terrible things were going on inside. Good luck xx
Unread 02-10-2014, 05:33 AM

i was living with a 4cm fibroid for about 10 years. with light spotting and bleeding in between periods for about 4-5 years, which eventually got heavier and lasted longer. i was bloated every time i ate something, but... my approach was to eat less, eliminate a lot of foods, exercise more, so whenever i saw the gyno, he dismissed my mentioning of any symptoms because my paps were coming back normal. finally, when my bleeding became heavier and wouldn't stop, i went to see the gyno, who said, probably nothing, but let's do a biopsy. he said, we could do it now if you want - i had no idea how uncomfortable it was going to be, so in an attempt to be cool, i said, "i'm already naked, so let's just get it done". as he was scraping my uterus for a biopsy, i was clenching my hands trying to hang in there and not jump off the table, 1 wk later, i got the call and was told to go get a hysterectomy, i was told i probably had early cancer, my reg gyn suggested to maybe save the ovaries, but referred me to a gyn/onc who didn't want to leave anything in there said it would only lead to trouble down the road in his opinion after the surgery, the cancer turned out to be way beyond early stage, and the surgeon couldn't believe i was living with it and ignoring it for so long.

in retrospect, if i knew what i know now after reading everyone's stories on this site, i would've went and had the surgery in my early 40's, i probably would've only had hyperplasia with atypia, but no cancer, or earlier stage, and wouldn't have needed chemo and radiation.
Unread 02-10-2014, 01:22 PM
Anyone experience non stop bleeding for years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantlove View Post
I had heavy but regular periods for years. Thenhad a shot of depo provera in may 2013 then bleed almost constantly until my hysterectomy two weeks ago. I went on birth control that did not work. I had clots and was anaemic. Then I went on primolut to try to stop it. It only reduced bleeding. I had a few spots after op and have not seen any since. Best decision of my life. The bleeding just gets you down and makes you worry so much about what is going on. Still waiting on pathology but I had a fibroid, cyst and lots of adhesions from previous surgery. I went to two gynos and spent a fortune.
Good luck sorting it out,I feel for you. X
I am having same experience as you. The BC pills, Premult N and provera are not working I still bleed everyday. The experience is very depressing to me. I am in deep sorrow everyday. Today I went for a third opinion in another hospital. I was told my cervix is badly adhered to my vagina wall and somewhere else. No diagnostic instrument can pass through my cervix for hysteroscopy or colposcopy so I am booked for a 2nd EUA(examination under anaesthesia)plus a shallow biopsy. Like you I am also spending a fortune. Right now I am 5 hours away from home. I'm lodged in a hotel for a week till diagnosis is over and I pay cash for hospital bills because insurance doesn't work in my country.
I hope and pray that I pass through this nightmare someday soon.
Unread 02-10-2014, 06:18 PM

Guccip, I am so sorry to hear this. My heart breaks for you. I hope you get some answers soon as it is an awful way to live and makes such an impact on how you feel. I ended up with a
wonderful surgeon who was very
experienced and told me straight that we could keep trying different approaches but that end result would probably be a hysterectomy. I was terrified about another op but was more terrified about another 10 years of bleeding getting worse as I am 40 years old. I felt very stiff inside before op and was struggling with yoga and other exercise. Really felt I was going a bit mad and a bit depressed. Now I feel so much better I think I probably was!! I hope you get some answers asap. Sending good vibes from Australia!
Unread 02-11-2014, 09:47 AM
Anyone experience non stop bleeding for years

I totally feel your pain! Ive been bleeding since dec 31st, I have contant pre mens syndrome and all yhe pain plus pain in my abdomen. Ive tried all types of birth control over the past few yrs no e of which agree with me. I get the merida coil fitted next tuesday so this is my last resort.
I need hysterectomy for a cyst that was removed from my fallopian tube in 2007 but they keep saying im too young and putting it off. Hope you find something that helps you big hugs xx
Unread 02-11-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divasprinkles View Post
Hi! I'm new here. Haven't has a hysterectomy yet but I anticipate that's what doc will suggest. I just went to doc after three years of misery (no insurance before now). I bleed almost all the time. Maybe a week in a month with no bleeding of any sort. Spotting, bleeding, black blood, huge clots (2-3 inches in diameter and really thick) sometimes tissue looking stuff. Intense cramps that feels like my insides are being torn apart. Sometimes flash twinges of pain that feel like my cervix. Painful sex - so don't really do that anymore.(poor hubby). Bloating and gas - not sure if related. Feel full all the time. Pee a lot. Pee when I sneeze (but have been doing that since birth of second child 10 yrs ago but all the time now where before was rare). When doc did exam it was very painful when he was feeling around. I heard him telling the ARNP he was training (who also felt around in there) that it was very enlarged... I assume they meant uterus but they didn't say or speculate. They have ordered an endometrial biopsy for Wednesday and an ultrasound after that sometime and have put me on provera 10 mg to keep me from bleeding for now.... Thoughts?????? I'm thinking enlarged uterus and fibroids? Maybe cancer? I don't know. I have two kids and hubby is fixed so I'm good with a hyster if they go that route... I don't want temp fixes.... Thoughts on what you think this is or could be or if any of you had a similar experience I'd love to hear from you. So glad I found this page. Oh I'm 39 will be 40 in July
It sounds as though fibroids might be the cause of your symptoms as well as the enlargement of your uterus (assuming as you've said...that's what he was talking about).

As with any gynecologist, they have a standard set of tests that they will do. Ultrasound, biopsy and even sonohysterogram (filling uterus with saline and ultrasounding the uterus...NOT bad so, no worries) are all pretty standard stuff that all of us go through with these types of situations. Again, standard stuff so, don't read into anything.

It is good that he's being thorough and doing all of the routine tests. It's a royal pain in the behind (metaphorically speaking) but, it's better to know that you're ok than to worry and wonder. It also gives your doc a clearer picture as to what is going on or not going on (meaning...nothing worrisome).

Try to relax about this. As my husband has to remind me several times a day (laughing because I drive myself nuts), unless you're told that you have something to worry about...you don't. You've put things in the doctor's hands (the experts) so, just try to remember that this is standard stuff that he's doing. There's likely a logical and non-worrisome explanation for it all. Fibroids are the most likely so, don't go any further with thinking than that unless you are told otherwise.

Let us know how it goes! Sending you a huge hug as I know how this uncertainty feels. It's routine for them...but, not for us. :
Unread 07-28-2014, 09:02 AM

I recently had this issue. My doctor did a sonohystagram. It's an internal ultra sound where they fill the uterus with saline. It shows any imperfections better than it would normally. He found a large bleeding polyp. It was easy to remove via polypectomy. Good luck!
Unread 07-28-2014, 09:21 AM

Hello!
Yes I've had this problem for 4 years, actually I just posted about it on here for the first time. Such a surprise, here I was wondering if anyone else went through this and when I check again, there's your thread with 18 answers. I hope you all find "cures" because it isn't living to live that way. As for myself I'm in France and have had no luck, doctors finding it normal (LOL). Can't give up though.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register