OK, finally all the pre-op testing went ok! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

OK, finally all the pre-op testing went ok! OK, finally all the pre-op testing went ok!

Unread 09-05-2010, 09:04 AM
OK, finally all the pre-op testing went ok!

I had an abnormal ekg, so had to have an echo of my heart and a cardiolite stress test. Both were fine! So, why am I more nervous now than ever?

My TAH is Sept.10th first thing in the morning and I am getting more nervous by the minute. I thought I might be able to relax a little, and just chill, but apparently not. Does anybody else feel this way? I'm usually a real trooper, but this one has gotten to me.

I'm already taking Klonopin for anxiety and Ambien for sleep and I still feel nervous. This afternoon I am forcing myself to go get a nice haircut/color. I might back out of the color since I'm getting used to my grey hair! LOL But I have an 11 year old and don't want to look like his grandma anymore.

I could just sit and cry until surgery. I hate feeling so shaky and scared. Sorry to dump on all of you, but I am a mess.

Nan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Re: OK, finally all the pre-op testing went ok!

Maybe talk to your doctor who prescribed the Klonopin and see if he/she can give you something else for the anxiety. This is a new/different stress and if you were taking the Klonopin all along already (even if it was PRN), you might be used to it and need something different!

I'm glad you're getting your hair done this afternoon! That always makes me feel nice...I hope it does the same for you...pampering is always lovely! Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh
Unread 09-06-2010, 12:34 PM

I was nervous and taking klonopin and Ambien also. Relaxing is impossible because all you do is think about your surgery. The best thing for me was keeping busy and being around family and friends. I went to the zoo, sea world, beach, fair.... anything to stay out of the house. I also read that you shouldn't dye your hair after surgery because your hair is weaker and damaged. I did mine 2 days before my surgery. I noticed it didn't grow for about a month after surgery. At 2 months it seems to be growing faster than normal, and my nails are longer and stronger than ever.... strange.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2010, 01:36 PM

Hugs! I was a total mess before my surgery! My doc wouldn't prescribe me anything to deal with my anxiety, I am glad your's has. My surgery was Sept. 2nd, and I was supposed to have a laproscopic procedure, but woke up to find out he had to do it abdominal. I am amazed at how good I feel. I have been taking tylenol w/cod, and have had to walk off gas pains but honestly the worst pain I have is from a hemroid (due to constipation from surgery.) Really, it is bothering me more than the surgery.
Your anxiety is normal, and I know its hard to believe that it really isn't all that bad afterward, I had trouble believing it beforehand. Even though we haven't been through this surgery before, our doctors and nurses have many times. You are going to be feeling better very soon, and all the nerves will be gone. Hang in there!
Unread 09-06-2010, 01:59 PM

Maybe a glass of red wine for the anxiety? You are also at the surgery date. As we say in our house... this is a GOOD thing!!!

I wrote this in another thread, but I think it applies here as well. Think about after the surgery and get things set-up to relax, and/or plan things you can do to celebrate when you know you will be past most of this.

I just got back in from laying in the sun, and listening to some much needed layed back tunes. Do remember..when mobility gets better after surgery to:

Get out some and relax in the sun .. with sunscreen of course. Really relaxing!! You are limited in what you can do for the short-time. You can pull this off.. big time. Really helps the head.

I got my daughter to give me a pedicure. My husband gave me foot rubs... which was great! So sweet!!

Do think about a special activity that you want to do 6 mths or so from now.. a trip, a concert, a party??? Use this time to plan it.

I planned my 50th birthday party - June and 1st anniversary of surgery - July. One celebration for both, it will be in June. I plan to do it right.
Hang in there!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register