Our second try... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Our second try... Our second try...

Unread 09-08-2005, 10:58 PM
Our second try...

Hi everybody,
My dh and I had sex for the second time since released to do so. I have been having pain most of the time no matter what I do so we are taking our time. I was fine for a few minutes and then it felt raw and asked him to quit. Was that the vaginal cuff that was raw? I didn't bleed right after, I don't know if I will later or not. I think part of my problem might be a little fear of what might happen. I don't want to get that way but I don't know how to keep from it right now. How long did it take you to relax and not worry about getting hurt. After I have sex I have to take a Darvocet for the pain. I should be better by now, other sisters are doing much better than I am. I feel like I am getting discouraged about the whole thing.
Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2005, 12:14 AM
Our second try...

Did you use any lubrication? You might want to ask your gynecologist about some vaginal estrogen cream. It will help "stregthen" the vaginal walls. But, first try the lubrication and RELAX.

Hope the third time's the charm!

Carol
Unread 09-09-2005, 02:26 AM
Our second try...

Hi Deb42567,

You are 2 days further along than I am and my dh and I still have not had intercourse. So don't feel bad. We did try a couple of weeks ago to have outercourse. That was okay until the big O. Which was a mixture of pain and pleasure. Although we were bothI relieved that things seems to be working properly the pain was not worth it. For 2 days afterwards I was in tons of pain. So we have been scared to try again. Until I can conquer outercourse then intercourse is just out of the question. Hang in there and know that you are not alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2005, 11:59 AM
Our second try...

Thank you for your replies, Elona44: Wow, I feel like we should have waited too but I kept thinking that the only way to know if I am ready is to do it and pay for it later if I am not. I'm with you though in that the pain after doesn't seem to be worth it. I told dh it's a good thing we were not use to having it 3 or 4 times a week! Ouch!!!!!!! I was and still am in tons of pain too. I'm not sure when I should try again but you can be sure that we will try again. LAmiss: We did use a lot of lubrication but what I am interested in is strengthening the vaginal wall, that's a good idea. I didn't even know you could do that. I was definately not relaxed!!! I don't know when that will happen but next time I hope it will be easier.
Thanks again for the kind replies and suggestions.
Debbie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register