Cervic/No Cervic outcomes - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cervic/No Cervic outcomes Cervic/No Cervic outcomes

Unread 03-30-2005, 04:18 PM
Cervic/No Cervic outcomes

If you only spoke to one doctor, it may help your peace of mind (if nothing else) to talk to a couple more, because other doctors may have differing medical opinions.

But if you will not consider plastic surgery to change your appearance, my next suggestion would be to ask your doctor to recommend a psychotherapist. You may need help to move past this and get on with your life. You are young with many, many years of potential enjoyment ahead of you...and I don't mean just sexual enjoyment, I mean happiness in general. If these feelings of being disfigured and deformed are compromising your quality of life, you need to get things back in perspective as to what's most important in life. A therapist should be able to help you with this challenge. Lots of people have one irregularity or another with their body, and they're still happy. Please get some help for this. You deserve to be the best "you" that you can possibly be!

Manys and Best Wishes,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2005, 04:25 PM

Aus Chick,
I had my sugery on Jan. 24, and I did not keep my cervix or anything else for that matter. I had had bad paps, a leep procedure and to me the risk of cervical cancer just wasn't worth it. I had cysts on my ovaries too. I haven't noticed a bit of difference. I do my Kegels, sex is awsome, no need for extra lubrication (although we use the K-Y gel that heats up for the fun of it). I am tender to deep thrusting but it has only been 2 1/2 or 3 months. Besides that makes him go slow and it is more fun. I am sorry about your troubles and can't say what I would do in the same case. Does your difference bother your husband? I have an older woman at my church that I talk to about self esteem issues. Is that an option for you? This lady is 72 and I can talk to her about anything. (She and her husband have had a marriage ministry for years). She has really helped me alot because of my past. I finally believe that I can have a great sex life with my husband and it has made a huge difference in my response. Hope you can get some help with this. Christy
Unread 03-30-2005, 05:29 PM

I kept my cervix for exactly that reason. I am young (40), have a wonderful sex life with my husband of 12 years and had never had an abnormal pap.
I have had no problems with arousal or pain during intercourse since my surgery. My doctor released us for sex at two weeks, and it's been wonderful.
The only thing I hadn't bargained on was the whole "mini period" thing, but in truth, for me it is extremely light spotting, not even enough for a panty liner. I like that it's reminding me that my ovaries are still working.
Unread 03-30-2005, 09:21 PM

I kept my cervix as recommended by my MD. He said I'd heal faster and it would keep the pelvic floor intact, whatever that means. My reg. MD was surprised that my cervix was kept. He thought that the surgeon probably left my cervix because of my age and the fact that sometimes sex is painful if the cervix is removed because it shortens the vagina. My reg. MD did say that I was his only patient who had kept my cervix. All his other patient's had theirs removed. I know it's more common to have the cervix removed. I have not had any problems. I also have not had any mini periods that some have experienced who have kept their cervixes. I didn't even question keeping my cervix. I was completely uninformed prior to surgery. I asked about it 5 minutes before going into surgery as the surgical nurse asked me if I was going to keep my cervix or not. The surgeon was surprised that I'd asked. He had planned on keeping it but hadn't told me that at the pre-op appt.

Songtch
SAH/12-23-04/kept ovaries and cervix/age 45
Unread 03-30-2005, 11:41 PM

I had my cervix removed and have had no problems at all. I have a female sex partner, but sex has been wonderful and better than ever. I had a lubrication problem for a brief time, but I think it had to do with a yeast infection. The problem went away with the infection!

I agree that you should get a second opinion about your problem and if that fails, consider therapy to learn to deal with it. You'll be amazed at how much benefit you'll get from talking with a professional. Doctors are great, but they don't usually understand the emotional impact that their services may have on patients! Good luck to you!

By the way, can somebody tell me what granulation is? I've not heard of that. I don't think it has happened to me, but I'd like to know what it is just in case!
Unread 03-31-2005, 07:11 AM

Hello,

Most likely there will be a difference in replies as we know from years of discussions that some women miss their cervix and some don't. I wonder if we will every really know why?

Here are links to your other threads discussing the same thing. Thought it might help.

March 21, 2005
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...hreadid=194240

February 15, 2005
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...hreadid=188546

February 8, 2005
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...52#post1215952

February 4, 2005
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...hreadid=186375

May 6, 2004
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...hreadid=141917

Take care.

Unread 04-01-2005, 09:33 PM

OK, here goes. This is kind of out there but the first thing I thought was that, if your clitoris shows, I bet your partner finds it exciting to be able to see it (if he knows what it is, and if he doesn't, teach him!)

<oops...please keep it PG rated...thank you>

I agree with everyone who has recommended you talk with a therapist. It could really help! But I'd recommend you getting about three referrals and having a visit with each of them before deciding who to see. A good match of personality and finding someone you feel comfortable talking to is very important.

Wishing you all the best,
Unread 04-02-2005, 06:55 PM

No Cervic and I am better then I was before surgery. For several years I suffered from lack of sensation, pain, both internal and external and dryness and infections. I was so afraid of not having any feelings after surgery that I cried like a baby the first time DH and I gently attempted outer course. I have no pain now and am instantly arroused and no lubrication problems. I am on estratest and estrace cream twice a week which is what I was on prior to surgery but it now seems to work a lot better.

TAH-BSO adhesion removal, large enterocele removed, vaginal and bladder repair. 55 and now think older women definitely can have more fun.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register