no insurance | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-26-2012, 05:53 PM
no insurance

maybe some one can tell me, if the hospital is going to pay 100% of my surgery through charity care does that includes anesthesia?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2012, 05:56 PM
Re: no insurance

You would have to ask the hospital and see what form of charity care you have. Some of it covers everything 100% sometimes it only covers 50% or somewhere in between. When I was in college I was completely covered by charity care. You should be able to call and ask their financial department.
Unread 10-26-2012, 06:00 PM

Even if the hospital covers 100%, sometimes the doctor and/or anesthesiologist will bill you separately. As Ceri Cat said, you should call the hospital and ask. That way, there won't be any surprises.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2012, 06:06 PM

When you call make sure you take notes. Get the name of the person you talked to, the date and time you called etc. That way if they say "oh yeah, it is fully covered" and then you get a bill and they claim different then what that person said, you can come back with some proof.
Unread 10-27-2012, 10:33 PM

Exactly. I've also learned that if anyone answers you too quickly like they didn't even have to think about an answer to ask even more questions and for 'proof.' As for them to mail you something in writing - or to have them 'check' with their manager - etc.

I don't know if you go to church or not but a lot of churches will help their members cover medical expenses if you just go and ask. If it's a smaller church speak to the pastor - if it's a larger church just go to the office. Also, look around your county. Look online at county programs that may be available. Some coutnies have such programs - other do not.
Unread 10-27-2012, 11:56 PM

I would call the hospital first and see what they can do. I know it takes awhile before they can tell you if they will cover it or not...

Also, check with your GYN's office on the procedure. Most will want atleast 50% of the bill paid up front before doing the surgery, some require it all to be paid.

The best thing I can tell you, is to try and get the doctor to do a pre-bill, along with the hospital. Then apply for Medicaid due to hardship with medical bills.. That way everything is paid for 100% with no issues..
Unread 10-28-2012, 01:37 AM

Medicaid will only cover you if you are 65,disabled or pregnant or have minor children,all you have to do is speak with the hospital business they will assist you,100 percent if you are destitute
Caraserm81

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register