what can i do this week? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

what can i do this week? what can i do this week?

Unread 09-09-2005, 08:31 AM
what can i do this week?

yesterday was exactly one week from my surgery--TAH. i have a little help today (my 10 year old until after lunch--than the older kids are home) i have help sat. and sun.----then i am on my own. i have a 23 month old at home and a kindergartener at home for 1/2 the day. my older son gets home between 3:30 and 4:00. what can i do this week. i was under the impression that i was still supposed to do next to nothing during the second week-----so how am i going to get by!!!! i think my baby is getting used to the idea that i can't pick her up, but i can't chase her down to change a diaper either. i think i can get my mom to drive my kindergartener to school and then i guess the baby and i will nap in the after noon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2005, 08:43 AM
what can i do this week?

I would take a nap every time the baby takes one. Does you baby like to watch seasme street yet. My Dr said not to pick up anything over 5lbs. for about 4 weeks and to do very little . I feel great but when I try to do to much I pay for it at night. My kids are teens and they do everything for me. I do cook supper, but that only takes a few mins. Good luck hope you feel better soon. and remember don't do to much.
Unread 09-09-2005, 08:51 AM
what can i do this week?

The way you had your surgery I would say NOT to lift anything still. There are going to be those days when you THINK your feeling and doing better. Thoes are the days that lots of times set you back.The longer you can go without having to lift the better off you'll be. The healing will go much faster. I have a grandson here and I just have him climb on the couch then I change the diaper. I found even tho I had LAVH/BSO after the 3rd week to hang my husband jeans in the closet pulled on my belly. The swelly belly last awhile anyways, but you can always tell if you've done to much by your belly swelling up right after you've done something. Means you over did it for the day. Time to kick back AGAIN. That's how it worked for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2005, 09:05 AM
what can i do this week?

Please be gentle with yourself. You may have times when you feel as if you're quite capable of moving a certain way or doing things, but you have a lot of internal stitches from all the places they had to stitch off inside when they removed your uterus and those take a long time to heal. Also, you don't want to develop a hematoma from injuring yourself inside and not knowing about it until 2 more weeks down the road (happened to me - so I know).

Rest, sweetie, rest with your tootsies up as much as possible. Drink tons of water and as impossible as it sounds, let others do for you more than you can stand.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register