Traveling after surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Traveling after surgery Traveling after surgery

Unread 09-13-2004, 06:19 AM
Traveling after surgery

Hello Ladies,

My surgery is in 2 days but my question is about afterwards. My husband is best man at his brothers wedding and we have to go to England for the wedding ( USA here) My husband is English by the way, anyways it will be 4 1/2 weeks after my surgery. Now I know everyone is different and heals differently but aside from the not lifting heavy objects and all that I think it should be do-able. Of course, I can only speculate never having been on the other side yet. Any thoughts on this matter. Oh yes we are going for a week and then once we return 2 weeks after that we are suppose to go to Vegas for his other friends wedding. This time they are flying in from England. Any tips or suggestions on how to make this go as painless as possible appreciated.

Shellenay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2004, 06:30 AM
Traveling after surgery

If you must do this - at the airport tell the people at the check-in counter that you need assistence to the gate, then tell them that you need to board first.

Bring a pillow for either sitting on or between the seat belt & your tummy.

Dress as comfortably as possible & take something before the flight takes off like Aleve, Mortin, pain killers.

Don't carry any bags - have your husband do it.

Once in England, just take it easy & sit as much as possible.
Unread 09-13-2004, 06:26 PM
Traveling after surgery

Hi,
I flew at about 4 1/2 weeks too. Very good for the psyche, but hard on the bod. I agree with whoever says take pain meds, keep some with you, I'm sure you know to keep all prescription drugs and super important stuff in your carry on. Keep all meds in their original container.

I drank lots of water, carried a water bottle, and do not even think about carrying luggage. Also I walked a lot slower between gates at the airports. I was very swelly after, and sore, but still glad I went. Be careful not to overdo at your destinations. Remember you are still a princess!

enjoy!
~Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-13-2004, 10:14 PM
Traveling after surgery

Be sure to ask your doctor what your post-op restrictions are - you get one chance to heal right so don't do anything that might compromise a complete and uncomplicated recovery.

If you do fly be sure to get up often and take short walks to help prevent blood clots; don't lift anything heavy; rest and pamper yourself.

s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register