silver nitrate used on cervix today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

silver nitrate used on cervix today silver nitrate used on cervix today

Unread 01-22-2009, 05:52 PM
silver nitrate used on cervix today

Went to the gyno after having bleeding for 6 days. He said it wasn't normal and he used silver nitrate now I am cramping and hurting. Told me that I have a long cervix and that if it happens for 2 more months that he will have to put me under and caurterize the cervix again. If that doesn't work then take it out. ANybody heard or had this done.
Thanks BGZ_Q
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2009, 06:18 PM

Hi BGZ_Q,

It shows from your profile that you had a LSH. I also had a LSH.

I have been on Hyster Sisters almost five years now...and I have seen many posts from cervix-retaining ladies. LSH ladies have replied that it can be normal to have some post-op spotting for up to (6) weeks post-op. Some ladies have reported having post-op spotting right after their hyst (like me)..and some ladies report having spotting start 2-3 weeks after their hyst.

Also, if the ovaries and cervix are retained, there can be a chance of a mini-period in post-op. Ladies report needing a pantyliner at that time of the month.

In my opinion...if your Dr. talks again about removing your cervix...you might get a 2nd opinion on that. In my opinion, it seems a bit early in your post-op recovery (less than six weeks) for him to be bringing that up.

Sending best wishes~

Mary
Unread 01-23-2009, 09:02 AM

Hi bgz-q, I am in a similar situation too. It does seem early for your doctor to talk about removing the cervix. Mine feels (and I agree) that it is too early to to anything drastic and that I should wait, and I had my LSH a little over two weeks before you did. My current bleeding started 7 weeks after the LSH and has lasted 10 days and counting so far. I have never heard of cauterizing the cervix twice. Wouldn't they have to cut you back open to do that? Unless the doctor thinks it wasn't done right the first time I don't see how that makes sense. My doctor said he cauterized it very thoroughly the first time and doesn't understand why or how this is still happening. If the silver nitrate doesn't work removing the cervix will be the only option for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2009, 09:41 AM

I've read on the site that there's always the chance of the cervix spotting or even bleeding after the hyst. The docs have no guarantee that cauterizing it will prevent bleeding. I guess it depends on how much bleeding your having and time will really tell. How much you bleed now could be totally different than the amount you'll bleed for a mini-period (if you have one) each month.

But everyone has a different tolerance for bleeding so the amount could vary from person to person of what is okay for them to put up with.

Take care,
Kara

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register