Post op discomfort | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post op discomfort Post op discomfort

Unread 03-06-2013, 05:53 PM
Post op discomfort

I had my surgery on 2/18 and have had decent bowel movments. They did laproscopic assisted, vaginal removal of my uterus and had to remove my left ovary..quite by suprise due to a 3" blood cyst. When do the cramps stop? I am still having an unbelieveable amount of cramping down there..is there anything down there to cramp? Is it all just the muscles from not having all that "stuff" in there or what is going on? They did remove my cervix...apparently that is just common practice, but everything vaginally feels normal, although I haven't had anything in there yet..so who really knows.

I know that gas down there hurts like the dickens and sometimes an overly full bladder will send me into fits of pain, but generally all is well.

I do still have a muscle or something that is pulling on my right side..about 2-3" to the right of mybelly button and it makes rolling over at bed at night terribly difficult. I still have the feeling of needles in the same area in my skin. I have no surface feeling in my skin beneath my belly button (about 4" across) but can feel pressure.
I do believe that there is nerve issues in the right side, but I only believe that because I still have pain up in my ribs on that side since gall bladder surgery back in august. SO..maybe it is all just nerve damage of some sort and it will all sort itself out but for now...it is kinda irritating lol.

My mother was back to "normal" really quickly after surgery, but I seem to be lingering to being back to where I think I should be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2013, 08:54 PM
Re: Post op discomfort

If you are having severe cramps, you need to call your doctor to get the pain under control. At just over two weeks though, it is very normal to still be sore and have some pain. There is plenty in there to ache and cramp. You have to remember you had organs removed. Whatever you do don't compare your recovery to anyone else, even your mom. We are all so different. Have you looked at they hysterectomy checkpoints on this site? If not, you should take a look. Hope you feel better soon!
Unread 03-06-2013, 09:39 PM
Re: Post op discomfort

I am also having cramping on my right side. I did keep both ovaries. I usually had pain on my right side with my periods so I wonder if I am cramping because my body thinks it is that time of the month. I hope with time I won't have this issue. But I believe the cramping could also be caused by the healing taking place. My pain is tolerable as I usually had pain with my periods. It sounds like your pain is more severe ... Which in your case I would call the Dr. A phone call doesn't hurt .

Hope you feel better soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register