Overdone it and bladder and bowel probs still.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Overdone it and bladder and bowel probs still.... Overdone it and bladder and bowel probs still....

Unread 04-27-2008, 03:13 AM
Overdone it and bladder and bowel probs still....

Hi all. The first thing i wish to say is "thankyou very much for this site, as im from NZ there is little support-not like this".
I went to the supermarket with a friend yesterday, a month post op. First time out, apart from a drs visit earlier.
Just had to get out- cabin fever. I did not realisr how tiring it would be a the supermarket. Didnt lift anything heavy-was careful! Slept all day today!! Its 9pm now. I guess i should have done something a bit easier. Note: i live on my own and have no friends whove had major surgery like this.
Anyway...(i do have CFS too)
I am still constipated a bit, tried drs remedy. Not a major i guess. But bladder is so sore. Especially when going to the toilet (AND afterwards??) Any ideas thoughts etc... Esp. when alone too?? Lots of Love to all and thankyou, Carole.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-27-2008, 08:08 AM

Hi Carole
I had the same experience when I went to the grocery store at about 4 wks. It wiped me out! Do you say that in New Zealand
Even though I had to start doing little things, I found that getting up and doing a little more helped relieve constipation. I wasn't being active enough for a while. So if you could do a little walking, without over doing it, that might help you get stronger, plus help the bowel situation.

I'm a little concerned that you might still be fighting some infection in your bladder. I'm not sure why it would still be hurting when you urinate, unless you still have a UTI. When did your dr last check this? I had a bladder sling done and my bladder was slow and also tender for a time, but that pain when you void and right after is often typical of a UTI. Let us know what your dr has said about this, but you might want to have this checked out soon in case it's an infection.

I just wanted to share also that since my surgery I have started taking some fiber in tablet form. Here in the states it's called FiberCon. There are lots of different forms of this, but it has made a big difference for me. My body just seems to require it for me to stay regular. You might want to try making a real effort to increase the fiber in your diet.

I hope you get to feeling better soon. What ever happened with that stitch?
's, Rita
Unread 04-27-2008, 08:44 AM

Hi! Sounds like Rita has the answer. It sounds like it may be an infection. Hey Carole-I live alone in Florida. How about I visit you for a bit in New Zealand, where I have always wanted to visit. And then you can come visit me in Florida.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2008, 01:54 AM
Thankyou and due to see doctor on Thursday....

Cheers to the both of you.
I will be seeing my doctor on Thursday this week. Due to the bladder pain and that stich still there and creating pain for me. Yes i overdid it. I have now learnt to take it easier.
Thankyou.
I would love to come to Florida and you come to NZ...youd be more than welcome!!!
LOTS OF LOVE and HUGS!! Carole x0x0x0x
Unread 04-28-2008, 02:31 AM

Hi Carole. Just in case you get an "all clear" result after checking out the possibility of a UTI (always wise to check this). I have found I am still getting some bladder spasms from time to time. Cranberry juice has been helpful with relieving them as I noticed that when I ran out of the cranberry juice I got them back but now I'm on it again, they seem to have again disappeared. Hope all goes better with your recovery in the coming week or two.

Cheers from down under

Alison
Unread 04-28-2008, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolelouise001
I would love to come to Florida and you come to NZ...youd be more than welcome!!!
LOTS OF LOVE and HUGS!! Carole x0x0x0x
Hi Carole, Sounds GREAT! Maybe we could start a desination travel program for our hyster-sisters. Then, we'll be rich. he-he. I need to take it easier on myself and remind myself that to breathe when the emotional/crying rollercoaster seems to be starting. Love and hugs back to you!
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:55 AM

Hi Carole,
We are surgery sisters -- mine was also 3/28, and I am feeling much the same as you describe. I have found the bladder pain to lessen with lots of water and cranberry juice. I also was given the advice to make fresh juice of celery, parsley, apple and carrot. A large glass of this juice, taken twice daily, has helped to ease the difficulty with both bladder and bowel. I have also been told that my bowel and bladder pain is a result of radiation -- my surgery was done after chemo & radiation for cervical cancer -- so if you've had any similar treatments, they can cause some difficulties in these areas. Anyway, I am feeling a bit better each day, and wish the same for you.
Hugs,
Christine

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register