Do I need a robe in hospital to walk? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Do I need a robe in hospital to walk? Do I need a robe in hospital to walk?

Unread 07-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Do I need a robe in hospital to walk?

I only have a fury wintery pink one. It is 100 here. Is it better than nothing. It is so bulky. I don't want to flap in the breeze or put on a show in the halls.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2011, 10:10 AM
Re: Do I need a robe in hospital to walk?

Hi Hun, I took a robe, glad i did because they get you up to walk morning after op. I found comfortable walking around, but the choice is yours.. I wish it was a 100 here lol its only 54..

Takecare
Unread 07-23-2011, 10:48 AM

I did not need a robe. The day after surgery they removed cath, allowed me to shower and dress (I put on my own pj's), and then I took a walk. If you don't want to take a robe. Ask for a second hospital gown and wear like a robe. That works good too.

Good luck with surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2011, 10:54 AM

I took a night gown and used the hospital gown as a robe when I went walking, because I had the same issue, only had a heavy robe and its way too hot for that. Good luck
Unread 07-23-2011, 11:12 AM

I just used a second hospital gown. Worked fine for me! Had both on all the time in hospital. Lovely a/c in hospital, of course : )
Unread 07-23-2011, 11:41 AM

I get cold easily, so I took my robe. I was not sure if I would use it or not because at the time of my surgery it was hot out. But was not sure if the hospital would be cold or not with the AC. So I ended up using it in the hospital only! I was also more comfy in my own things!
Unread 07-23-2011, 11:46 AM

Thanks ladies. I was wondering the same thing. My only robe is a heavy terrycloth one. I like the backwards gown idea, that's what I had thought as well
Unread 07-23-2011, 02:18 PM

I did the backwards hospital gown to cover up. My robe was too heavy for hospital and the nurses said, if there are any stains, stain there gowns, not yours. I truly did not care about how I looked or wore, only wanted to cover my tush when I walked.
Unread 07-23-2011, 06:48 PM

A robe can be difficult if you still have an IV in (as I did) since you can't get the arm with the IV on so I did the backwards gown thing and it worked great for me. I learned that trick when I was in the hospital many years ago with my c-section. Those gowns are usually really long and I'm short so it really covered me pretty well.
Unread 07-23-2011, 06:58 PM

I just walked in my hospital gown, and just made sure I was tied up in back. I had a big rolling IV stand which would have been difficult to deal with in a robe. I really did not care anyway if I was seen walking around in my hospital gown. Everyone there is in the same boat, and just trying to function at a base level.

It is up to you - do what ever makes you comfortable.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register